Chapter 11

Lauren's POV

We finished our breakfast. It was a really good, better breakfast than what I have to cook back where they serve at school.

"Want to take another walk on the beach?"

"Sure, I love to." He takes my hand and escorted me out the diner.

The sun is shining bright upon the ocean. Hearing the waves makes my skin smooth; he and I walk along in the moistly sand that sticks on our feet. My long hair blows in the wind;

"Lauren, I have to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" we hold hands as we walk close to the water.

"I'm leaving to go to New York soon"

"What? Why?"

"Well, I got this letter from a movie producer who wants me to star in their movie"

"What is it called?"

"The Wiz. I haven't auditioned yet though"

"How long are you going to be gone?"

"I don't know, maybe a few months or so..." I look down feeling my heart break. Why would he just now tell me? I don't want him to leave me and forget me like that.

"Hey, are you okay with this?"

"No, I'm not. Why are you just now telling me this?"

"Baby, it's not like I'm leaving tomorrow. Look, when I leave I promise that I will call you."

"You're gonna forget about me and run off to some new girl."

"Honey, do you think I'm that kind of guy that would do that?" he says to me as he caresses my face. I know he isn't that kind of person. I'm just freaking about him leaving.

"No... I'm sorry, I'm just freaking out about you leaving. What will I do without you?"

"Honey, you will have school to focus on."

"I know..."

"I'll bring you something back from your hometown" he says as he holds me so close to him.

"Okay" I giggled. We gazed at each other and he kissed me.

Michael's POV

After I took Lauren back to her dorm, I went home and took a shower.

"Michael? Where have you been this early in the morning?"

"I've been our mother" I walked up the stairs as she follows.

"Who were you out with?"

"I was with my girl, that all. Don't worry about it" I kissed her on the cheek.

"Michael, you live in my house and I have the right to know where you were."

"Mother, I was out with Lauren and we went to the diner and eat breakfast. Then we took a walk on the beach then I took her back to the dorm." She stands there and sucks her teeth. She thinks I did something suspiciously. I tell ya, my mom always worried about me. Since me and my brother Marlon was kids, we did nothing but trouble. Haha, we had a ball in those days.

"Are you sure that all you did?"

"Yes mother, that's all I did."

"Mhmm" Mother, why do you assume I did something terrible? You know I'm not like my brothers with girls."

"I know that. I just can't get off of how fast you're growing. Now that you're out of college -"

"Oh mom, no matter what I'm still your son who you raised" I smiled.

"Aw, go take your shower" she giggles.

  After I take my shower, I had to make a phone call. I'm wearing a bath robe with my body all wet. I close the door behind me so no one can hear my conversation.

"Hello? Is this Joel? Yeah, I want to audition for the movie sir... Yeah, I will come to New York next week... Thank -"

"You're going to New York without mother knowing?" La Toya says as I got scared.

"Sshh. Why you scared me like that?" I hang up the phone.

"How are you going to leave New York without mother knowing?"

"Sshh, I will tell her later" she chuckles slickly.

"Mother won't like it"

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see" she backs from the door and leaves. La Toya been jealous on what I get and sometimes attention. For instance, if I and my brothers got something new, La Toya would get jealous. I sometimes laugh when she gets that way, but that La Toya for ya.

   After I got dressed, I went to the studio to work with Quincy.

"Hey Smelly" I chuckle. He always call me smelly, not because I stink, but it because I always I to be clean. I have a habit of keeping things organized and clean, and I hate having germs around me.

"Hey Quincy, how have you been?"

"I've been smelly" I sit down in the chair.

"Hey, I have an audition for The Wiz"

"That good, I hope you are in it Mike because I was thinking of having you to help me do this sound track for the movie."

"Really? They ask you to do a soundtrack?"

"Yeah I'm excited to do it but I need some idea"

"Sure Quincy I would be good to help you, but are we still going to do my album?"

"Of course we are. I got a feeling your album will be good."

After I spend 8 hours in the studio, I pack my things in my bag and go home.