Jealousy Doesn't Suit You

Jason's POV

I stared at the shattered glass that now covered my kitchen floor. My fault of course...

I had gotten up early after a restless night of no sleep and went to make a protein shake when a certain annoyingly good looking blonde guy walked from the Somertons' guest house and into their main one. That's when I threw the blender. Kent had been staying with them all freakin' summer! I must've stared at the glass for an hour, frozen in anger and jealousy.

How could I have been so stupid?! Thinking that letting Daniella have some space would be the right thing to do! Kent probably made his way right in between us in a matter of weeks! I felt my face get hot as my fingers clenched into fists. I should never have left.

I knew something was up when she didn't say much after I talked about her choosing me yesterday. She had probably already chosen him. I bit my lip so hard I tasted blood and fought the urge to run over there and punch his stupid Hollister model face in. I hated him. I hated this. I needed him away from Daniella.

"Dude...what was that noise?" Truett groaned as he shuffled from the couch to the kitchen. He stopped, stared at the scattered shards of what was left of the blender in the floor, and brought his eyes back to me. "What happened?"

"Daniella's ex boyfriend is staying in their guesthouse! That's what happened."

He frowned and squatted down to the floor. "So you take it out on an appliance? Dude." Standing up and picking up the broom from the closet behind him, he handed it to me. "Last time I checked, you were her ex boyfriend too."

"Yeah, tell that to the guy who's surrounded by sharp pointy things to stick you with," I hissed at him. But I knew he was right...

He began to walk back to the couch in a sleepy haze as he spoke over his shoulder."Just clean this up, shower, put on some clothes, and calmly go talk to her. No need to be salty about it."

Truett was a good guy. We had been friends in high school but didn't get real close until we ran into each other in Nashville. My whole summer was basically hanging out with him and Cassie, trying my best to not think about Daniella. We got to catchin' up and now we're better friends than me and Owen ever were. He even came over last night to stay over and watch the episode of 'Cops' I made my way into while helping Cassie's dad on a drunk driver chase. We had some great laughs. He was probably right about all this. Maybe I was overreacting...

I stopped and felt a small smile curl up the corners of my mouth. "Wait....Did you just say 'salty'? As in teenage girl slang for pissed off? You have been hanging around your girlfriend for too long dude," I laughed as he peaked out from behind the couch, an embarrassed blush in his cheeks.

"When I hang around Audrey for awhile, I pick up her vocabulary sometimes. Deal with it."

I swept up the glass and continued to chuckle at him as he proceeded to flip me off. "Whatever you say..."

After taking a short hot shower and throwing on some clothes, I decided to take Truett's advice and go talk to Danni. If I asked her about it, I'm sure she would explain this whole situation and my worries would be put at ease. If she and Kent did get back together, at least I would know and would probably go fire some rounds at the shooting range to blow off steam. If she told me they didn't get back together, I'd put any risk of shattering our next blender aside. It had to be done either way. There was just one problem; she and Kent are going to attend University of Kentucky while I will be heading out to Western Kentucky University. It was practically a set up for loss. And I couldn't transfer now. Not until next semester...And who knows what could happen by then?