The Country Boy and The City Girl

Daniella's POV

Why were Mondays so hard to cope with? I was so tired I could fall over any second. It was only when Mr. Nathanael went over our poems during revising time second period that I became strangely awake. Probably the fear of poetry and public speaking had something to do with it. I thought it was going to be weird sitting next to Amber in that class now that Jason left her for me, but she was suspiciously nice to me. It was better than rude and snobby I guess... I snapped the lock on my locker shut and turned around to be face to face with a very close Jason.

"Hey," he smiled with one of his famous killer lip bites. I smirked at him.

"Are we really going to be one of those couples who are mushy gushy in public and make everyone around them want to watch sappy love movies?"

"Are we a couple now?" he asked in a mock question. "Let me see..." He put a hand on the locker behind me for support as he leaned down to kiss me. After a minute or two, he pulled away and grinned. "Definitely," he answered. These dang butterflies in my stomach just wouldn't leave me alone! I secretly didn't mind though...

Before I could respond, Jason grabbed my arm and began pulling me down the hall. "Time for class. Let's go!"

After Jason left go to to his class after walking me to mine, I walked in and sat down in the back. No way I was paying attention today. I stared blankly at the Smart Board while my French 2 teacher, Mrs. Marla, struggled with calibrating the Smart pens.

Mrs. Marla was sweet, but the poor woman was blind as a bat. Her giant thick glasses tried their best to help out, but they still weren't quite enough. Not to mention very 1980s grandma looking...

"Hey, San Diego," a voice behind me whispered. I turned around and saw Owen and his group of meathead friends smiling at me. "You going to the dance hall this Friday? We had ourselves some fun last time. I've missed you and your tight little cut offs."

I rolled my eyes and turned back around again. "I'll pass on that charming invitation."

Owen clearly didn't take the hint. "Oh don't play hard to get now. Let Owen teach you how a real man can treat you instead of little Jason."

I gritted my teeth and held on to the desk until my knuckles turned white. I really wasn't a fan of Owen. And it wasn't the first time things like this have happened. Every day since I've been here he's hit on me in some way. Some were more subtle than others but both just as irritating. If I wasn't in school, I'd deck him in the jaw right now and see just how tough he looked in front of his buddies then. But even a blind teacher would notice if a student got punched.

"Don't you have a certain redhead to be all over? Pretty sure she wouldn't like you drooling over someone else's back pockets."

Owen scoffed and leaned closer to me in his desk. "Amber's not coming Friday. Perfect window of opportunity for you and me to get even better acquainted." I put on an alluring pout and turned around.

"You're right. You know what I would really like you to do if I come Friday?" I cooed in a fake needy voice.

Owen and his friends all exchanged proud looks. Owen smiled at me as if undressing me with his eyes. "What's that sweetheart?"

"Drop dead," I suggested. "Or find yourself a better personality. Your choice."

The "Oh"s and "Dang"s from his friends were pretty humorous, but the shocked look on his face was enough to make me wear a proud smirk. Gross. Serves him right. No girl should ever let sleazes like that talk to them that way. It's degrading and just plain stupid. Did I mention gross? No self respect.