CHAPTER 10

Lory's POV

As we all now entered to the massive mansion of the Novellas,I saw some guest whispering and gossiping probably about my family since all of their attentions are focused on us,I was observing the surroundings and all I could see is the fifty shades of blue which somehow turns out really nice to look at,I wonder if all of this guesses are also their business competitor besides being their relatives.

As we walk in the aisle towards to our designated tables a group of people wearing such a luxurious outfits approaching at us while smiling genuinely but still I can see the hint of mischief on their faces.

"It's great that you and your family came to my party."He said while extending his hand for a hand shake with my father.

"Of course,I wouldn't like to miss the new chapter of your life with your wife."sabay ngumiti sakaniya si Daddy at tinignan ang asawa nung lalaki na kausap niya.

"Nice seeing you all tonight."mahinahong sabi naman nung babae na katabi nung kausap ni Daddy.

"It's an honor."sabi naman ni Mommy dun sa babae.

"By the way I would like to introduce my long lost daughter,Lory Rostova Moon."sabay inalalayan ako ni Daddy na harapin sila at makipagshake hands.

"Good evening po."nahihiya kong sabi sakanila.

"It's wonderful that we finally meet you."sabi naman nung lalaki."By the way let me introduce myself to you,my name is Giovanni Novella the person behind with all of our success."sabi niya sakin at nagulat naman ako nung bigla niyang hinawakan ang kamay ko at yumuko para halikan ito.

"And as you meet my husband let me introduce myself to you young gorgeous lady,my name is Celesty Novella the mind of all ideas in our company."sabay nakipagbeso-beso naman siya sakin."and let me also introduce to you my Son and daughter,His name is Carlos Gideon Novella and my princess Casey Lu Novella."

"Hello."Casey said while smiling at me warmly while his brother just nod at me as if he is uninterested to what they are doing right now and have something more important to do.

After we introduces ourselves we now proceed to our table and started to mingle with our businessman out here,some guys even asked me for a dance or even a time alone with them but without any words that I need to utter and just showed them my engagement rings,they automatically all backed out and leave me alone.

"Do you wanna dance?"the guy with a blonde hair asked while looking at me flirtatiously.

That's why I showed him my engagement ring and did a fake cough just to exposed my ring in front of him.

"Oh!is that so?uhmm,do you want some drinks or something?I can get you one?"sabi nung guy na parang naiilang na bigla.

I tried to stop my laughter by biting my lips before answering his last statement ."No thanks."and after that the guy turned and suddenly walked way without saying another words while I just shook my from left to right at the thought.

While I am tasting some of the cakes that are serve I was surprise when all of the sudden someone stand besides me while also getting a piece of cake and said.

"Do you like it?"she it said smiling at me and take a bite of the cake that's in her hand.

"Oh hi!"I said it from the moment I remembered her face."yes of course,it's delicious."I said awkwardly.

"I know that my mother already introduce myself to you but let introduce myself again."she said extending her hand for a hand shake"Hi,Hello my name is Casey Lu Novella and I hope that we could be friends."

At first looking at her I was hesitant to say yes,for the fact that she is my family's business competitor she might using herself to bring my family's company down that's why for my security I only smiled at her before giving her a handshake.

"So,how's the feeling being one of the Moon's long lost daughter?"she asked conversationally.

"Well,it's great."I said it in most shortest sentence that I could possibly made,because I am not in the mood to open up with someone I just met.

"Oh really?because for me being a Novella is so tough,there is a lot of responsibilities and also they expected a lot of me,that's why somehow I think what would my life could be if my family is not that insanely rich?"dere-deretso niyang sabi habang niyaya niya ako maglakad-lakad sa graden nila."But I don't mean to sound like I am implying something I just wanted to open up."sabay tumingin siya sakin."because from the moment I see you,there is this sudden jolt of me wanting to be your friend."sabi niya sakin sabay umupo na kami sa isang bench na nakalagay sa labas.

"Really why?"I asked curiously.

"I don't mean to mean anything but as your Dad introduces you to my family I just notice that Hattie always rolling her eyes,yawning in irritation that's why I assume that baka hindi kayo masyado nagkakasundo dalawa,but don't worry ganun din kami,that's why I am hoping that we could get along together as friend."

"Really!?why,is there something between  both of you?what do you mean by that?"I asked curiously.

"Actually it's a long story,but I don't want you to feel bored listening to all of my dramas in life that's why to make it short,you know august?"

"Ah huh!"I said eager to here her story.

"Well,we used to date."she said it emotionlessly while I notice the expression of her from the moment he murmured the word "DATE" I saw her cringe as if it burns to her tongue.

"Really!?then pano naging sila ni Hattie,It's not my intention to asked to much but I'm just curious."

"It's fine,actually what really happened is that I caught them kissing."sabay napakagat labi siya at yumuko."Grrrr!What's wrong with me."sabi niya sabay tumingin siya sa langit para pigilan yung pag-iyak niya.

When I heard what she just said I shookt and almost dropped my jaw to the floor because of the information I gathered.

"I'm really sorry."sabay niyakap ko siya.

"No,It's fine."then she take a deep breath and forcefully smiled at me.

"Hindi,sorry talaga for asking to much questions."sabi ko sakaniya with comfort."I think we should go back to the party na baka hinahanap na tayo dun eh."sabi ko habang nauuna na ako sa pagtayo sabay inoffer ko yung kamay ko para tulongan siyang tumayo..

While we are walking to their huge Garden she suddenly stop walking and turn her head to face me."Thank you."

"Thank you for what?"I asked questionably.

"For listening and being my companion tonight,I hope we will be friends."she said holding my both hands.

"Of course no problem."I said hugging her before we both continued walking back inside the mansion.

I know that she is the daughter of my family's one and only business competitor and I know what possible things might happen if we both end up friends,she might be a trap or a spy,and yes,at first I am hesitant on that Idea but I don't want to judge someone it's only because our parents won't get along together as a huge businessman,I just wanted to give it a try,I wanted to see if we could be the bridge for our families barriers being one another's competitor,I wanted to have piece and I am doing this for my family's sake.

I know it could be a risk but how can we ensure if wont give it try.