CHAPTER 4

Lory's POV

After a very long,exhausting day,finally I had the chance to relax here at this huge library where it is so quiet and peaceful that really helps to calm down all of the drama going on lately in this house.

It's been a day since the revelation has occurred telling that I am the long lost daughter of the Moon,which is really great because for once and for all I finally got the chance to know who my real family is,but in the other way around after all the unexpected and shocking truth it makes me so exhausted and for lack of term I would call it depressed.Too much mix emotions,confusing facts and a lot of adjustment that I almost think that I might end up being crazy.

Sitting at a wooden chair while staring straight to the magnificent view through the window with a cup of coffee in my hand someone suddenly drag me out of my thoughts when I heard a loud thud in the entrance.

"May I come in?"when I heard Mrs. Moon's gentle voice I turn my head to face him with a warm smile.

"Of course!"I said almost laughing at the thought.

"How's your day?"she asked sitting beside me.

"Well"I take a deep breath before answering her"It's been a day,a good one."then I sip some of my coffee that tasted bitterly on my tongue because of the lie that I just said.

"Do you like your new home?do you feel at home?"she asked curiously while resting her hand on the back of my shoulder.

"Well,it's only a day since I moved here so I might not give the answer you expected."I said shyly"but what I mean is in a good way,You know,hindi naman ako nang-galing sa ganito ka sobrang yaman na pamilya eh kaya medyo nag-a-adjust palang ako sa mga pagbabago,but don't worry because I know that soon I'll be get used to it since all of the member in this Mansion is so kind and nice to me."except to my ever hating evil lil step-sis.

"Good to here that sweetie."pagkatapos niya yung sinabi ay huminga muna siya nang malalim at nagbuntong hininga bago siya nagpatuloy sa pagsasalita"but you know,when you were young I used to take you here,not in this very spot but here inside the liblary,kasi nung bata ka pa you really like listening fairytale stories.."sabay tumawa siya nang mahina with sophistication parin habang parang iniimagine niya sa isipan niya yung mga panahong yun."Minsan pa nga dito ka na nakakatulog,that's why I decided kahit nung nawala ka na at hindi ka na namin nahanap,na kahit konte ay dapat walang babaguhin dito sa liblary na to,that's why look around inside this room,this is exactly what it looks like nung bata ka pa."then she rested her hands in her heart feeling every single beat of it.

"Talaga po?!"natutuwa kong sabi sakaniya habang tinitignan ko ang paligid"Grabe po no,sobrang tagal na nito pero kapag titignan niyo siya parang bagong gawa lang."

"Of course,because we always maintain the cleanliness of this library because you have a lot of memories in here."

Huminga ako nang malalim bago ko sinagot ang sinabi niya."Uhmm,Mrs. Moon?"

"Oh no!wait!please,don't call me Mrs. Moon,I am your mother call me Mommy,Mama or whatever your comfortable with,don't be shy,your my daughter,your a Moon."sabay niyakap niya ako kaya hindi na lang ako sumagot sa sinabi niya at tumango-tango na lang ako habang niyakap ko din siya gamit yung kamay ko na walang hawak..

After a moment of silence I decided to break it and asked her something."Mother,can I ask you something?"I said in a low tone.

"Sure,what is that?anything sweetie."

"Pano po ako nawala?bakit ako nawala? O bakit ako nahiwalay sainyo?matagal ko na gustong malaman ang kasagutan sa mga tanong na yan,Growing up with my foster parents and knowing that I am not their true daughter makes my life confusing leaving a big question mark on myself,i wanted to know who I am ?"I asked her my tears starting to show up in the side of my eyes.

"I asked for our forgiveness,because that is never our intention,but if you wanted to know,then just sit down and listen."pero bago pa man siya nagsimula ay nilagay ko muna yung baso na hawak ko sa coffee table bago niya hinawakan ang kamay ko at nagsimula na ng magkwento."So it all started when we held a huge celebration,,,and to be specific,your grandparents sixtieth anniversary,and definitely that night I'm sure that we all have fun and enjoyed the party....but the tragic part of the story or the plot twist rather as what I called is when you got lost in our sight and it happened when your older brother asked if he could play hide and seek with you,but we really never have thought that we'll never gonna find you after that night,we don't how but you are no where to find,that's why I instantly call a police and all of the search rescue,I even let it showed in the news and newspapers that you are missing,but still,we cant find you."sabay yumuko na siya at hindi na napigilan ang sarili niya na hindi mapaluha pagkatapos ikwento ang pagkawala ko.

"Talaga po?baka naman hindi ako nawala,baka may kumuha sakin,kasi grabe naman kung ganun-ganun lang kabilis at hindi niyo na ako mahanap kaagad ,pero sa kung ano man ang nangyari,sa tingin ko mas ikakabuti kung wag na lang nating isipin yon simul ngayon,gusto ko lang naman malaman kung pano ako mawala pero kung ganun nga ang nangyari sa tagal-tagal na nang panahon sa tingin ko ay hindi na din natin malalaman kung pano nga ba ako nawala,kasi mismo sila Mommy at Daddy na kumupkop sakin nagsabi na isang araw nakita na lang daw nila ako walang malay sa daan."pagkatapos ko yun sinabi ay sasagot pa sana si Mommy sa sinabi ko nung biglang may pumasok kaya hindi niya ito natuloy.

"I don't mean to intrude and cut the drama but I just want to tell you Mother that I'll be seeing August tonight and I'll be home late,so don't expect to dinner with you guys because I'll be having quality time with boyfriend."dere-deretso niyang sabi at nung binanggit na niya yung salitang "Boyfriend" ay agad siyang tumingin sakin na parang nagmamayabang bago siya tuloyang umalis sa liblary.

"Pagpasensyahan mo na kapatid mo huh,ganun lang talaga yun pero wag kang mag-alala mabait lang yun at siguradong magkakasundo kayong dalawa.

WHAT!?mabait na yung sa dating na yun?!at isa pa sa tingin ko sumabog muna tong mundo na toh bago magiging magkasundo kaming dalawa nun,para hindi ko ata makakaya kung yun makasama ko kahit isang minuto man lang dahil sigurado magkakaroon na talaga ng world war three kung sa ganun kaya sa tingin ko mas makakabuti kung magkalayo na lang kami para hindi kayo madamay dahil simula palang naamoy ko na kaagad na kampon siya ni santanas.

"Of course Mother I'm sure that we'll be get along pretty pretty easily."I said ironically before we both rose up in the chair and together we went out of the liblary smiling.

"Good to hear that."