Thank You

“This is…”

“This is where the original designs are kept.”

“Original designs?”

“Hmm. Let’s go over here.”

Even though Jaejoong is confused as to where they are and what does Yunho wants to show him, he still followed suit.

“Look, this is Kibum’s very first design.” Yunho said proudly as he points to a silver brooch with different kind of stones on it.

“A dragonfly? And he designed it, you said?”

“Yeah! He made it when he was in grade school. If I remembered correctly, it’s a school project. And when he received full marks on it and showed it to us, appa included it immediately on the summer collection.”

“That’s awesome. A grade-schooler designed this? Wow.”

While Jaejoong was totally immersed with the shining brooch in front of him, Yunho went to the other side of the room wherein numerous of greatly designed necklaces are being kept.

When Jaejoong realized the absence of the other on his side, he looked around the room and saw Yunho staring intently at a specific jewelry. He approached him quietly; careful not to break the trance his friend is at.

Now that he can see his friend’s expression clearly, there’s a hinge of sadness and longing on his smile. Jaejoong followed to where Yunho was staring.

“An heirloom?”

“Not really. This is the last thing that Sukkie-hyung made. From the design to the making of the necklace.” Yunho smiled and touched the glass wherein the said accessory is placed.

“Sukkie?” Jaejoong kept quiet even though he’s dying to know who’s this Sukkie-hyung.

“Hmm… Sukkie-hyung. He’s my older brother.”

Jaejoong stared at Yunho not believing what he just said, “And in case you thought that I’m kidding, I’m not.” The latter smiled at him and look back at the glass container.

“He died when I was eight. Kibum probably doesn’t remember him anymore.”

“But I thought it’s just you and Kibum…”

“Eh?” For the second time, Yunho looked at Jaejoong and received the latter’s confused gaze.

“Oh, I forgot, my grandfather asked the media not to publicized the incident that killed him. Maybe that’s the reason why¾”

“But… I don’t know either that you have an older brother. And I think that most of the people doesn’t know about him.”

“Yeah, that’s because Sukkie-hyung used a different name and when appa learned about that, he got really mad and told hyung not to show his face in the house anymore.”

“Wait, your dad disowned him?”

“Yeah, he disowned him for a day. Appa apologized immediately to him and well, since hyung is kind, forgave him, only if he’ll agree to his condition.”

“But, how come the media and the people of Korea or even the whole world doesn’t know about your hyung?”

“Appa is a family man. He doesn’t want us to get involved in this industry. He wants us to just continue living a normal life. Far away from the messy and full of danger world he’s at. But that changed when Sukkie-hyung started helping the company; like designing stuffs, making proposals and such—with a different name. Dad was furious but cooled down when they had a talk. So appa decided to announce to everyone about hyung being his successor. But a week before that, Sukkie-hyung died.” Yunho’s voice softens and his eyes began to water.