10. Guilty Mind

The warm drops of water fell down on her face as she remembered the event of the day before. Did she really provoke a vampire and then stab another when she knew they could easily snap her neck like a twig? How could she let things get out of hand? She knew what she did was way over the top and thinking back now she couldn't believe really did it. Deva was known to carry things too far; she always took things to the next level. In a way she did regret it because it was a stupid thing to do and she even put herself in danger, but she would never admit that to the brothers.

She knew not all vampires were bad. Izzy was a good example of that. Why? Why did they have to be so nice to her? Especially Loosh. She just needed an excuse hate them and at the moment it was a good idea. If she got to see the evil creature they were then maybe she would despise them and focus on a way of getting home. Why did the whole vampire family have to be normal-ish and nice to her? They should have been ruthless vampires that wanted nothing more than blood because of their greed. Why couldn't they be like the movie vampires; savage?

Deva grabbed the handle and turned the water off.  The shower barely cleared her thoughts and getting out of the bathroom she groaned knowing she was going to have to face them this morning. Her life was getting worse and worse by the second. Deva thrown on random clothes and made her way to the dining room where she knew everyone was going to be. She didn't lift her eyes as she slowly made her way to her usual seat next to Julia.

"Morning Dev," Julia said casually.

"Morning Juls," Deva avoided all eye contact.

Julia stared at her blankly before frowning. "Are you okay Dev? You don't look so good."

"I'm not feeling so well." Deva said turning to her food. The table was now engrossed with conversation Deva mostly kept her eyes down cast but couldn't resist a peak a Darius. He was deep in conversation but stopped to turn towards her like he knew she was staring. His eyes held no emotion so she looked away and wondered if he was still mad at her. Of course he was mad; who was she trying to kid?

Just then the doors to the dining room burst open and Izzy came in walking gracefully closer to them.
"Sister what are you doing here today? Is there something you needed?" Marcus asked.

"More like someone. I'm taking Deva to the Mall."

Deva sighed in relief. That was exactly what she needed; a day away from the brothers.
All three brothers spoke up quickly, "No she's not."

Deva instantly stood. "Why not?" She said making her way to where Izzy was standing. "It's not like we had anything planned today."

Lucian turned to glare at her. "We said no."

"But why?" Both Izzy and Deva whined at the same time. It was then that Deva noticed she never felt threatened with Izzy and probably never would. She knew she was a vampire but how could she be so quick to judge.

"Because we said so," Marcus said in his harsh tone.

Deva placed her hands on her hips. "And that sure explains everything."
"You're not going." He repiled. 

Deva figured they wanted to punish her for the little incident she pulled the day before. She met their gazes and focused on Darius before saying, "It's not like you really want me here today."
His jaw jerked and she wasn't exactly sure what was going on through his head.

"Fine but one of us has to go with you." Darius finally spoke.

"I don't need a babysitter. Plus Izzy will be there."

"Exactly my point. I still vividly remember the last time you two were together." He said sternly.
"Ohh muffin you shouldn't hold on to grudges. They're bad for the soul. Plus it was a harmless prank."