Monster Awakened

A young girl at the age of seventeen walked slowly through the forest to school. 

   Her long, brown hair flowing through the wind of the cloudy, gloomy day. She walked as slowly as she could, hoping to delay what she knew was soon to come. Her name suited her well: Victoria Grimoire.

   She wore all black , with a hint of gray. She had had a hard life and school never made it any better. When she was fourteen, her parents disappeared, leaving her with the last known family member she had: her uncle.

.....

    As she approached the Grimoire Manor that day, carrying her bags, she'd felt scared. She'd never met her uncle before, or heard of him. 

   The Manor was beautiful, surrounded by large green trees, and gate with vines and flowers twining around it. And it was also very large. She honestly could not remember anything about herself at the time, but from what she knew, it was the largest home she had ever seen. Her uncle answered the door and helped her in.

    He showed her to her room, which was on the second floor. The walls and floors were all stone, there were chandeliers everywhere, and the very air just seemed light and peaceful around her. 

     After she settled in, she got to know her uncle better, and she liked him. He would take her to fancy restaurants, he would teach her how to drive, he'd let her go shopping on her own with a ton of money (which she would sometimes save), and he treated her like a good friend. After two weeks, she was finally happy, until her uncle started telling stories. 

   He would tell stories of monsters and supernatural beings in the family. He would tell her that if any humans were to be told of the family secrets, instantly something bad would happen to the teller.

    One day he decided to share more detailed facts about the family.

    It was a month after she had been there. He went to the library within the Manor and came back with a large brown book.

   "This," he said, "Is the book of Grimoire." He turned to a page with the family tree. 

    Victoria glanced at the page and could've sworn she saw a picture of her uncle, from 1887. The current year was 2012. 

    When she looked again to see the picture closer, the book and her uncle instantly burst unto flames. She screamed.

.....

    Eventually, after the funeral, Victoria had to go into foster care. 

   Having them not found her uncle's Will yet, she had nothing except the things she had brought with her originally. After her fifteenth birthday with nothing but a beating from her drunk foster father, and being cursed at by her foster mother, a lady from the system visited with news. The lady was surprised to see that Victoria was covered in bruises and had a busted lip when she answered the door.

   "Victoria, its been a long time. I almost didn't recognize you.." The lady said in a soft, sad voice. She pitied the girl, but the foster system can be unpredictable when trying to find kids a home.

   "Oh. Hello Miss Jacobs. Is everything okay?" Victoria asked in her raspy voice.

   "I'm here concerning your uncle, and his Will. We found it." 

   Victoria let Miss Jacobs in and they sat down on the dusty couch. There were beer cans and bottles all over the floor. The walls all had paint chipping. The ceiling had mold. It was a house suitable for the owners. Miss Jacobs set her laptop down and opened it.