Castle of Shadows

Josephine's spine knit itself back together, and she opened her eyes with a gasp.

"Ouch." She said clutching her neck with one arm.

 She tried to sit up, but her body wouldn't budge; she was nailed to the ground with that dagger. She cursed loudly, but not before she heard a distant scream that sounded familiar. Very familiar.

Oh, Hell no! She thought.

Then she grabbed the dagger and ripped it out furiously, throwing it to the side. Blood splayed outward grotesquely and she sped her way towards the school where she witnessed the chaos erupting furiously. 

She saw what she heard. Molly was grabbed around the waist by one of the many hooded figures and taken, whilst screaming out the name "Victoria."

Josephine let out a growl and zoomed over to the scene, but was knocked over by an older-looking vampire boy with white hair. They both fell to the ground, and she shot him a look of pure hatred. Her shoulder was still healing, so the fall was quite uncomfortable, thanks to him. She growled again, stood up quickly and pushed him aside, not too kindly.

"Out of my way!" She yelled at him, then kept going. 

There was chaos everywhere. Students screaming, fighting, Turning (lycans, werecats, dragons), but most of all, some were being brutally murdered. 

The smell of blood was strong in the air, and all Josephine could do was smile at the wreckage. She loved to watch the world that ruined her as it burned to the ground.

Erica Clockwork and Ethan Parker were back to back with their wands and daggers at the ready. Blue flames were igniting around them in a whooshing  fury. They fought with passion, perseverance, and motivation.

James Daniels was beheading a hooded figure with his bare hands, and Victoria Thompson _ Grimoire  was running towards him.

Caroline Wright was running towards the mermaids, careful not to be too exposed. She had a bloody arm, and a cut across her right cheek

Sebastian, the white-haired boy, was fighting hand-to-hand combat skillfully and gracefully with another hooded figure.

It was tumultuous. 

  And, to Josephine, the best part was the murder. Murder, murder, and more murder.

  If the hooded figures were not taking students abruptly, they were slashing them down brutally. She found herself laughing, just a little bit. Then, she remembered that the hooded figures took her sister before she had the chance to kill her. She stopped laughing and turned away.

   She didn't want to be seen just yet, so she zoomed towards the forest and hid in one of the trees, watching. Smiling, but also waiting. Waiting for more to happen.

After a few minutes, Victoria (Josephine didn't know who she was, though) passed through, all bloody and slow, as if she were weak from hunger, rather than grief, towards Eclipse Night Academy. Bloody tears stained her face, but she hardly noticed. She hardly felt anything.

..... 

Caroline stopped as soon as she came to the shore, careful not to become a mermaid's supper. 

She looked around, trying to distinguish movement, then three troubled - looking mermaids surfaced.

 "Is everyone all right?" Caroline asked. The mermaids nodded in response. They could only speak underwater.

"Okay. Good. I need you to all get to your Academy and stay there. Whoever is behind this attack is kidnapping one of each species. So, get everyone evacuated, and make sure no one is missing, understood?" She told them.