Queen of the Hunters

Weeks passed, and autumn came to the small, rainy town in which Victoria currently resided. Soon, before everyone knew it, the snow would start to fall, and Oregon would become a Winter Wonderland. 

    Victoria changed. Not in a bad way, at least not to her, but in a way that caused everybody at school to start avoiding her, except for Zachary. He was her only friend.

    Victoria began spying on her "parents". She listened to their conversations, she observed their actions. She even bought security cameras off of eBay and synced them to her laptop. She couldn't stop thinking about James. 

    How she would find him? 

    How he was alive? 

    Why is she in some fake world? 

    Etc.

    She looked him up on the internet, but nobody knew who he was or had seen him. There were few options left on how to find him and she knew the option to choose.

.....

    When she went downstairs one morning, she grabbed a granola bar, said goodbye to her parents, then walked down the street a bit. She pulled out her phone and called her school. They answered on the first ring.

    "Springdale High, this is Katy." The office lady said.

    "Ah..hi..*fake cough* this is Victoria Thompson, I won't be able to make it in today *fake cough* I caught something." She said.

   "Oh, dear. Well, I'll take care of it, hope you feel better. Bye, now." The office lady said, then hung up. 

.....

     Victoria walked into the forest. In her pocket was the key to the Manor. In her backpack were the needed supplies: a lockpick, a few knives, manga, some blood (she stole from a blood drive), and her electronics. 

    As she stalked through the forest, she took in the scenery...it was very foggy and dense. The leaves were red here and there, and it felt nice outside (except the intense cold). She inhaled, then exhaled with a smile.

   After about two hours of walking, Victoria became weary. It seemed as if the forest wasn't a place of beauty anymore, but a place of fear. She turned around every so often with the feeling she was being followed. She finally stopped and pretended to rummage through her backpack very noisily. Then she heard something behind her. She turned around and encountered a very, very pale little girl with gray hair and a gray dress standing just a few feet away.

    "Um..hello..." Victoria stammered, "A-Are you lost?" 

    The girl said nothing, but just stood there eerily. Victoria felt a creepy chill run down her back, and she suddenly had a very ominous feeling in the pit of her stomach. When she was about to turn to leave, the girl moved slightly. The only motion made, however, was her pointing in the opposite direction from where Victoria had been walking towards. The closer Victoria looked at the girl, the more she saw that the paleness was like a mist, and the girl was slightly transparent.  

        "Ohhhhhh my God," Victoria said to herself. She turned around and began to run, but the girl appeared right in front of her. Her face was slightly different, but she continued pointing in the other direction.   

    Victoria backed up, "D-do you want me..to go that way?" She asked. The girl moved quickly. She put her arm down and rose into the air. Then with a smile, she looked down at Victoria.

    "Thou must find thy Manor before Thou gets lost forever. With thy key, open thy Manor, with thy key, open another's life. But Thou must be cautious, for what lies ahead, is nothing of the living, nor of the dead. Be cautious; for I say this again, for, with thy key, you mustn't release thy Queen." The girl recited. Her voice was distant and very eerie. But eventually, she became entirely transparent and she disappeared.