Molly White

On Saturday, the whole academy had the day off, and it was cloudy. So, of course, Caroline decided to have some personal free-time with Victoria.

Caroline wore a coral tank top, light blue shorts, and sandals. Her hair was down and curly and went down to her waist.

Victoria was wearing a black tank top and her blue ripped skinny jeans. She had her long, dark hair straightened down her back, and she was wearing her black Victorian heels (although she was still quite short).

"Aren't we just the perfect match." Caroline chuckled when she first saw Victoria. Victoria smiled in response.

"Dressing to impress you, dearie."

They walked along the beach of the gloomy lake and saw a few mermaids playing with the seagulls. The mermaids were actually quite beautiful, in Victoria's opinion, and all looked unique.

Their eyes were all shimmering pastel colors and their hairstyles all looked different compared to most. Their tails, however, were so brilliant and so beautiful, that Victoria wanted to be a mermaid for a day, instead of an unholy, hated creature.

She took off her shoes and socks, then rolled up her jeans, "What're you doing?" Caroline asked.

"I'm gonna say hello to them," Victoria answered.

"Oh, no, we can't do that. It's not allowed. They eat us. Like, they devour vampires. They're nice, but once you're in their zone, they just can't resist." Caroline explained.

She had a hint of sadness in her voice as if she too wanted to be a mermaid. Victoria sighed and picked up her shoes, but kept them off.

"I heard walking the beach barefoot is good for you." She said, trying to lighten the mood. Caroline looked at her and chuckled whilst shaking her head.

"You're girlier than I thought you were." Was all she said.

They waved goodbye to the mermaids, then had a race to the edge of the woods. Victoria won, of course

When they reached the edge of the woods, Victoria could see a girl with red hair sitting under a tree, reading. She decided, having been a bookworm herself, to zoom over and say hi.

"Hello."

The red-haired girl looked up from her novel. She had freckles and hazel eyes that looked a lot like crystals. She looked a little startled but gave a small smile anyway.

"Hi..." She responded shyly.

"What's your name?" Victoria asked as she joined her under the tree.

"Molly.." She answered.

So this is who Caroline was talking about earlier. Victoria thought.

"Nice to meet you, Molly. I'm Victoria. I started this week in the Night Class." She said, hoping she wasn't annoying the girl.

"Oh, cool." Molly answered quietly, "I'm a grade four Nephilim."

"That's cool. I'm grade seven. So, Molly, why are you alone?" Victoria asked. Caroline walked over slowly and awkwardly, trying not to disrupt.

"I don't have friends. Except for the ones in my books." She answered.

"Well, Molly, you have a friend now." She said with a smile. Victoria remembered how, not too long ago, she was just like Molly; she was shy, read all the time, and always sat alone. Until she met Zachary.

She wanted to do the same for Molly, even though she didn't know her that well.

Molly gave her a small smile and closed her book. Victoria stood up and offered her a hand.
She took it and stood with the two girls. Molly was slightly confused, though.