Truth Behind Heartbreak

Victoria stopped dead in her tracks. She was looking right at the face of a girl she had never seen before. And the girl looked ultimately afraid.
Don't panic, you're still new here. She's probably just a student. She thought.

"W-who are you?" Erica asked first.

"Victoria. Victoria Grimoire. I'm new at the Academy." She answered.

Vampire, most likely. Erica thought. Wait a minute. Grimoire? Like the Magik book?

"I am Erica Clockwork. Nice to meet you." She responded. Victoria looked relieved.

"Okay, good. Um..my friend, Caroline, wants to see you." Victoria said.
Erica had a slight flashback of Caroline pacing on the beach.

"All right then," She said, "take me to her."
.....
They walked for a bit through the dense, green forest, but then came to an opening of sorts, almost like a mini meadow. The grass was a foot tall and a light shade of green.
There were a few natural rose bushes that looked beautiful. Victoria was again reminded of the vision of Sebastian when she noticed them.

When Caroline first asked Victoria for this favor, Victoria wondered why Caroline couldn't do it herself, but all she had said was, "I can tell you about that later, but right now it's really important that you do this for me," and Victoria agreed.
She had noticed when Caroline snuck out of the dorm at some early time in the morning, especially after looking at her computer messages...after that, Caroline left looking panicked.
Victoria got out of bed and went to her computer, but found all the IM messages were deleted. She shrugged it off and figured she'd just ask about it later.

As they walked closer to the middle of the mini meadow, Caroline emerged from the shadows wearing all black- even makeup- and carrying a black and gray lace umbrella of sorts. They merged in the middle of the field.
"Thank you, Victoria." She said when they met. She then turned to Erica.
"Hello, Erica, how are you? " She asked politely. Erica looked completely and utterly confused.

"...I'm fine...?" She responded, "So, what do you need to speak with me about?"
Caroline looked around to make sure no one was watching or listening to them. "First, the correct question would be 'about what do I need to speak with you.'
"Secondly, this morning you saw me pacing on the beach," She started, "and when I saw you (because of my abilities) I could sense that you were hiding something and looked uncomfortable seeing me.
"Now, normally, I wouldn't care, but I had a feeling in my gut that told me I should look into it, and I did. Now, I just need to ask you," She became very serious, and she tilted her head slightly, as if listening for something,
"What big thing did you see that has you on edge?" She asked.
Erica's heart was beating out of her chest, and her stomach dropped to the ground. Breathing suddenly became difficult.
Caroline asked it simply and carefully, but she might as well have shrieked like a banshee right in her face.
The two curious vampires were looking at her. Victoria's eyes were kind of glowing with hunger, and both of them had their heads tilted slightly to the left. They could hear her heartbeat.
She looked at the ground and tried to speak, but words failed her. She had a flashback to that moment, the moment that scared her so much and made her not want to be a witch anymore.

"His," She managed to speak, "his name is James Daniels. A little over a week ago, he came to the school to make sure that the secret passages were working properly in case of an emergency situation,"
She stuffed her hands in her pockets to keep them from shaking.

"I was in one of the passages that day...looking for a way out...some kids shoved me in there and blocked that exit, so I was wandering around looking for a way out when I heard faint chanting.."
She started shaking all over and had to sit in the plush grass so she wouldn't fall. She looked as if she were going to throw up.