The Forbidden One.

1875 England Bristol.

-Sir Lynch, what are you doing here, if my father sees you're a dead man!                                                                                                                                                     Said Elizabeth in half a whisper and half a shout.

-I couldn't wait any longer, i need to speak to you. Come down, please.

Elizabeth looked behind her and listened out for footsteps. There where none around. She told jack to wait while she slipped in into a random dress and put on her coat. Once again she climbed down the strong branches of the oak, but before she could realise what was happening, her foot slipped, she was drifting downwards towards the ground but before, she could so much as yell she was safe in Jacks arms. His face right next to hers, only centimeters apart, she could feel his soft breath on her skin. She pulled away before she could make yet another mistake. When Elizabeth collected herself after the fall they went off to wonder, side by side, the woods.

-What was it you wanted to speak to me about, Sir?

-Please call me Jack. he took a deep brath before he started talking: Ever since i saw you, two years ago, In that simple red dress, your hair falling loosely, looking like you've just  woken up and only brushed it since, you had  gold flower in your hair, which made your eyes seem even more bright and glorious than they usually do. I remember you were holding a glass of pure vodka, you were only 14 and you didn't care what people thought about your drinking abilities, you were talking to people, but i could tell you didn't care about them, you enjoyed the music playing, i saw you swaying slightly as you stood in a crowd of people talking nonsense. Ever since i saw you that night, ever since you caught me staring at you and smiled at me politely, i knew. i just knew.... id never love again. I love you Elizabeth.

His words struck her, she stopped suddenly, she didn't remember him that night, she recognised which part he was talking about but she did not know he existed that evening. But she too knew  how he felt, she loved him so dearly, more than she loved her own life, more than she loved the night sky, more than she loved the moon, more than she loved the lake where they first kissed.

-Oh Jack, I love you too, i love you so much. But we can never be together, my father wont allow it, im due to be married to Mr Gray in a few months. If anyone ever finds out we so much as held hands you would be dead within minutes.

A quiet tear flowed down her cheek, she wanted to be with him more than anything in the world, she never wanted to leave him but the world will never allow it. It was not possible. it was not right in the eyes of society. Mr Gray was the richest man in the county, he owned nearly everything and everyone. He found Elizabeth a charming beautiful girl, and soon after meeting her he demanded she should marry him. Denying his offer would not only get Elizabeth into trouble, it would get her whole family, if not town, in trouble. She did not like Mr Gray, but she did not want to make her family's life hell, so she agreed to his offer, she had no choice. People who were found to go against Mr Gray's will, have been later found either ruined or dead. She did not want that to be Jacks end just because of his love for her.

-I don't care, we'll run away if we have to, go live in America or France, i'll give up my fortune if i have to , i don't mind being a poor farmer if that means being with you. We can do this, as long as we do this together. I cant live without you Liz, you're everything that matters to me.

I smiled through my tears, he rested his palm on my jaw line and wiped away the dampness with his thumb, he stroked my face, looked into my eyes and kissed me deeply. From that point on i knew we were going to end up together in the end, i no longer cared that the whole world was between us, we would make it out in the end, we will get married and live together in the quiet countryside with a bunch of kids to keep up company, rich or poor, loved or hated, we will be together.

For the next few weeks, we ended up seeing each other most nights, like that night he would throw stones at my window in the night, we would go for long walks thorough the woods or to the lake.

One day i got an urgent knock on my door. It was my father with an angry expression on his face.