The Past.

1875 England Brighton.

It was a pleasant warm summers evening, the part that was going over at the Shields house had been on for quite a few hours. Jack had left the stiff company of the other guests some time ago, he much rather be alone than surrounded by people who hated him. Some time ago he took a quite lone dip in the lake just a walk away from the house, by now his skin and hair was dry, but he left his trousers rolled up, he enjoyed the moist soft carpet of grass beneath his feet, this is what he enjoyed most, the small beauties of nature, the soft grass, the beautiful birdsong surrounding him, the brilliance of the orange sky and feeling of light wind against his face.                                                                                           He supported his body on the side of an  ancient willow tree, he turned his body to look back at the crowd of people proceeding with their fake social activity, he despised them for not seeing what he saw every day, beauty of the natural world, not money, not standards, not class, just the world as it was made.    

As he turned his gaze from face to face that's when he found her,the reason he bother with showing up at all,  she was on the edge of the crowd, bare foot, in a simple dress, her hair was down in natural curls, she was walking along the edge of the trees,not caring about the people surrounding her, she looked so beautiful then, as she got closer he saw her eyes, dark brown, the colour of chocolate, warm, gentle, and deep, they were the reason he fell in love with her the first instant he saw her. She caught him looking at her, but he was to dazed to turn his gaze away, as she got closer, the world seemed to quiet, the high pitched voices of the crowd seemed to die down, and when she finally reached the willow  its seemed like it could have been just them two in the whole garden.

They stood there for a second looking deeply into each others eyes not saying a word.

-Hello, my name is Elizabeth, i have seen you before, but we never had the chance to introduce ourselves.

-Yes, indeed we havent, my name is Jack. Jack Lynch, its very plesant meting you.

- I don't thik I've seen you talk to anyone ever  since you came, come to think about it i haven't seen you at all since you arrived...

- yes, i took a walk down the garden and i found a beautiful lake, i just couldn't resist a swim, i hope your family doesn't mind.

- to be honest, ever since they bought the house i don't think they realised there was a lake on this property, but i agree with you, it is a beautiful palace, i find myself going there all the time, it seems like its so far away from the world, its one of the many beauty's of this planet.

-Indeed it is...- he paused for a second, once again taking a long look at her face- and so are you.   as he said those words, blood had risen into Elizabeth's cheeks.

They sat and talk under the willow tree for the rest of the evening, they had much in common, and much to talk about, when the moon shone its brightest and most of the guests have left Elizabeth got worried, she was only 16, her parents would be getting suspicious soon, she knew they didn't like Jack, no one did, but because of his high rank he got invited to most parties, Elizabeth didn't think that, she thought he was quite lovely, and was sad when  his departure had arrived.

As Elizabeth walked him back to the door he leaned closer to her, she could feel the slight warm tickle of his breath against her neck,  she felt he cheeks flush again, at the intimate gesture.

-Meet me tomorrow at 2am at the lake,ill wait all night if i have to.