The Lover.

Present day Cambridge.

I woke up late that morning. When i walked down stairs i found my mother had already left for work. With a new fresh smile on my face, i went over to the radio and turned it full blast, i swayed my body to the fast beat  as i poured my cereal. I was so happy, and it was all jacks fault. I put on my sweat pants and large tshirt, i  had no plans of going out. I went upstairs to grab my phone. I texted Haley: John's coming over on Sunday and is staying till Monday, ill tell my mum you'll be sleeping over. I know i said before Boys our age had no interest in Haley, but men slightly older, never could take their eyes of her. For the past 2 years my best friend has been having a thing  with my brother. And honestly i didn't mind. Although they always said that they weren't serious, i could see how much they loved each other, i just think they're too scared of admitting their feelings. I didn't mind going out for long night time walks while i left them alone in my room, all i really cared about was that they changed the sheets afterwards. As i went back down to my cereal, i turned down the music and switched on the t.v, and put on my beloved news Chanel. People dying, people campaigning, people missing, people happy, people in danger. Today none of that interested me, i didn't want to hear about the horrors of the world. Yesterday when we finally reached my house still holding hands, still laughing and smiling we stopped right outside my back gate, it was all quite, no light, no cars, not even cats, it seemed like we were the only two people alive, i looked at his luscious lips and passionately kissed him goodbye.

-Im gonna miss you.

-Im going to miss your beautiful face too.

-When am i going to see you again?

-Soon, i promise.

I kissed him again this time for longer, god knows how long its going to be before i see this perfect stranger again. I saw small light go on in my mother's bedroom, i pulled away and quietly, but quickly  climbed up to my window. Jack was still waiting just outside the gate to make sure i got to my room safely. When i was finally stood in my dark room I gave him one last smile and a small wave, i heard my mothers door open, i turned around in shock, when i looked back at Jack, he was gone.

I went to the kitchen to clean up my dirty bowl. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the temperature was high. This was no day to stay at home. I picked up my phone to see one new message, it was from Haley. It read: Okay, I was beginning to miss him, i know the answer already, but do you want to do something today, its so sunny, you have to go out? I felt glad she bothered to ask me. Usually i just blow her of, not because i don't like her, but because in not too much of a fan of going out. I smiled looking positively at the rest of the day as i typed my answer; Sure id love to what do you want to do? Haleys reply came almost instantly. Seriously, i don't really mind, we could go to the park. The park is were me and Haley have had the deepest of our conversations, we even had our little rock in there with our names on it, where we would sit and talk while watching people from a distance. I answered back: Sure meet me at mine in half an hour. I set down my phone and went back to the small radio in the corner of the room, once again i turned it full blast as i quickly started tiding up our living room and kitchen before Haley's arrival. Not long after i put back the cleaning liquids i heard a ring from the door. 

-It's open!                                                                                                                                                                 I shouted to Haley from the kitchen. She opened the door and went into the kitchen to greet me.

-Hey. she said as she gave me one of her hello hugs. Whats the  deal with you and going out. You've been standing me up since December.                                                                                                                      She said as she took a seat on the kitchen counter top, she was pouring herself a glass of ice tea i had made a minute before.