Open Up To Me {Part Three of Three}

The clock ticks by slowly, or it feels that way while butterflies flutter in your stomach.  Yeah, butterflies. You can finally understand all those girls you read about in those romantic books.

"Okay and with that being said, you all need to work on the project over the weekend." Mrs. Mann says while erasing the white board. "Oh and also you may work with someone who is in this class. They don't have to be in this exact class, but they need to be taking MY class."

A few moments after she stops talking the bell rings releasing everyone. You sigh and collect your things up and shove them into your arms before walking out of the classroom. The hallways are full of hoots and hollers about the three day weekend ahead.

When you make it to your locker, you feel a smile creep onto your lips as you watch a tall boy come walking towards you. You quickly try to hide it with a cough and look away from him.

"Hey are you ready for our da-, I mean are you ready to hang out?" Marcel asks as he comes to a stop next to you. All you do is shrug your shoulders and continue to pack your things.

"Erm.." He clears his throat. "Would you like to go to a movie or something? Or we could just walk around. It's kind of nice out, I guess."

"That's fine." You mumble and turn farther away from him to hide your grin. You fear that if you look at him, you'll break into a smile and he'll get the wrong impression.

"Wait, so which one?" He asks confused. "The walk or a movie? Because I'm not exactly sure what is out right now. Then again I can probably check and..."

"A walk is fine." You mumble before closing your locker and tossing your bag on your shoulders.

"Oh, okay." Marcel seems surprised that you actually cut him off from talking. The truth was, Sarah Whiteman was walking down the hallway and you didn't want her to see either of you. Especially not the two of you talking.

"Come on. Let's go out this way." You point to a exit not to far ahead so that you can get out of Sarah's line of potential fire.

As you quickly scampered to and out the exit, you could hear Marcel's quick breathing behind you. It felt weird to be a leader of some sort. Normally you were just a follower. Going along with the crowd so that no one would say anything to you.

"Well where do you want to walk then?" Marcel pauses once you reach the safety of a shady tree.

"There is a spot...." You begin and then trail off realizing that you almost gave away the location of your special spot.

"What?" Marcel asks, intrigued even more now.

"Nothing..."

"No, please tell me. It must be a wonderful place if you want to hide it. I promise I won't tell anyone. Then again who am I going to tell? No one likes me here. Then again, no one ever likes me." Marcel rambles on before you place your palm on his arm.

"Just......"  You take a deep breath. This is hard for you to say. "Follow me."

He simply nods as you lead him to the sidewalk and begin the short trip to your spot.

"So how far away is it?"

"Not far."  You reply and he nods.

"Oh. So do you spend a lot of time there? Like what do you do there? Why is is so special to you?"

"You have.....way too many questions."

"I know. Sometimes I get carried away. Maybe that's why no one really likes me. I just like to learn." Marcel sighs loudly and your heart sinks. You know how it feels to be disliked and it's painful.

"We are almost there. And yeah I know how it feels." You agree with him as you head towards and overgrowth of trees. It takes some twig snapping and leaf rustling, but pretty soon you stand in the middle of trees. One of the only open spots in the forest where there are no trees.

You glance over at Marcel, his eyes are full of wonder and amazement as he stares up at the sky poking through cluttered tree branches. Rays of sun light pool through as well making it scenic and beautiful.

"You come here, because it's beautiful. Much like you." Marcel turns his green eyes towards you with his final statement.

"W-what?" You can't help but let the word escape as he walks closer to you. His eyes don't leave yours and you can not seem to find the strength to move yours either.

"I said that you are beautiful." He smiles. "I've been waiting to tell you that since I first saw you. I know that it was only recently, but you're the first girl that ever actually paid any attention to me."

"Oh." You mutter and he steps closer, a mere 4 feet away from you.

"So please don't take this in a creepy way or anything, but I'd love to know more about you."

"But why? Why me?" You sputter out. "All I ever want to do in life is be invisible. No one likes me anyway, so why should I try to stand out. They won't support me. I swear that my own mother doesn't even like me!"

Marcel stays quiet, listening to you.

"I just don't really like people, Marcel. I never have. I can't wait to finish highschool, then I'll just....well I don't know. Maybe I'll write a book and become an author. Or maybe I pursue painting or something. I just want to stay away from people!"

"But it's impossible, Y/n." Marcel says tenderly. He comes closer and wraps you into a tight hug. You feel yourself growing tense. "People need to be with other people. It's how we survive. Think about it. How will you make money if you don't talk to people, the people with the money!"

"I..." You mumble.

"Exactly. And how will you buy food and any other nesscity of life without talking to people. You can't." He hugs you tighter. " Please, just let me help you. I can show you that not all people are bad. Yes there are some that are bullies, but not all. I'm not bad am I?"

"N-no.." You say as he pulls you away from himself to look at you.

"Good. Because you are not a bad person either. I want you to know that. So let's work on it?" He asks kindly.

Your brain is screaming 'NO, NO!' but your heart...

"Yes."  His smile widens as he hears the word. With a swift movement, you're off your feet and being twirled around in circles.You smile and close your eyes, holding tight to Marcel. When you open them and he sets you down, looking a little dizzy, you smile up at him.

"I'm glad, Marcel." You say and he holds up a finger before he sits down. You sit down beside him, laughing.

"Me too, Y/n." He replies and grabs ahold of your hand. "I really hope that someday way way way far from now, that we'll still be together, somehow."

"You know what? I hope for that too." And without much thought, you place a quick kiss on his cheek. Marcel's bright eyes light up and his dimples show.

"We're going to be alright."

And with that, both of your heads turn up towards the sky above you. The beauty of it radiates down and makes you feel happy and secure. You've finally found someone who can be your friend and maybe even your lover.

Marcel's hand soon covers yours as you both stare up, with happy smiles on your faces. This is perfect.

THE END

I hope you enjoyed! It was fun to write when I had the time. Just being busy with college, boyfriend, and friends makes it hard to get on here. anyway thanks for reading! :) -Kaylyn