Open Up To Me {Part Two of Three}

"Dinner!" Your dad called up the stairs and you groaned. You really weren't hungry at all for some reason. All you wanted to do was just lay in your bed and attempt to read. But that wasn't working either because Marcel's green eyes kept popping into your head.

Even though they were hidden behind those goofy big glasses that he wore, they were still some of the most enchanting eyes you had ever seen. Well then again you really never looked into many people's eyes in person. Mostly just in person on facebook and such.

The bigger question was why was he haunting your mind? You had only just met him today and well normally that wouldn't phase you at all.

Maybe it was the way he looked at you. Actually looked at you instead of through you. He asked questions and tried his best to talk to you.

You felt your insides get all fuzzy just thinking about it. It was the same way when you thought about this other boy, Jeremy, who had talked to you once. He complimented on the way you had done your hair that day. Unfourtunately a little while after that he had moved away and  you never heard from him again.

"Come on, Y/n!" Your dad yelled impatiently. You knew that if you didn't go down now, he would get pissed and come stomping up the stairs. So you stretched and then flung your legs over the side of the bed. It took you a minute to actually stand up, but once you did you were headed down the stairs.

The smell of roasted chicken wafted up as you made your made towards the dining room. Your mom and brother were already seated at the table as your dad walked out of the kitchen. He was carrying a bowl of steamed carrots.

It seems weird, but you had a total obsession with steamed carrots and your dad knew it. So everytime that he could fit it into the dinner, he did. It seemed like he was the only one in the family that ever paid attention to you. Your mom was always talking and your older brother was always off with his friends.

On one occasion he even told you how embarassed he was that you were his sibling. You remember that you had ran to your room crying and slammed the door. Later your dad had came up and asked what was wrong.

You don't remember your dad ever getting as mad as he was that day. Your brother was grounded from going out for two months. He's resented you ever since now, so your dad didn't really help as much as he liked.

"Welcome to dinner, Y/n." Your mother says kind of annoyed. She doesn't look at you either.

What's her problem today?

"Honey." Your dad chastised your mother and she huffed. "Come on sit down. Your brother won't be joining us today so we can begin."

He pulled out the chair for you and you sat down and reached for the bowl. Two scoops of carrots and a piece of meat later, you picked up your fork and shoveled in.

"Slow down will you!" Mother scolded. You slowed down, slightly and then stopped completely.

"Why do we eat together if all we do is yell at each other or sit in silence?" You spoke up wondering why.

"Because we are a family and it's what families do." Dad answered calmly.

"This isn't what families do! They don't hate each other!" You look straight at your mom, her eyes widen, but she isn't surprised by your accusation.

"Whatever, I'm done with this family." You mumble and push away from the table to run upstairs. Before you know what you're actually doing, you're packing your bags. Hastily shoving random necessities into a bag, you pause when you hear a floorboard creek. 

You sigh and turn around. It's your mom.

"Sweetie, I'm really sorry for everything. I know that I've been really terrible talking to you lately and it's just because....well I can't explain it." She sits down on the bed and rubs her arm.

"Okay." You say and look up at her from your position on the floor.

"That's it?" She looks surprised now.

"Yeah."

"Well then I'm going to go. You can stop packing, you won't be going anywhere tonight." Your mom looks sad for a moment as she gets up from the bed and exits the room. You drop whatever you were holding and crawl over and onto your bed.

You stay there until the next morning.

"WAKE UP!" Her shrill voice yells up the stairs and you nearly roll off the bed. You hurriedly pull on some clean clothes and grab your school bag.

Your mom is waiting for you, this time she isn't on her phone.

"Ready?" She asks pursing her red lips. You simply nod and follow her out to the car. The drive to the school is short and before you know it your walking the halls. With your head down to the floor of course.

"Hey!" A voice shouts from behind you.

Great.

"Hey, Y/n!"

Your feet move faster towards you locker. Two more steps and youll be there. But just as you reach it, you feel a hand on your back and it spins you around. You can't help but look up into green eyes.

"Marcel.." You mouth opens to let his name slip out. He seems pleased by this.

"I'm glad I caught you before classes. My schedule had to be moved around so I don't think I'll be seeing you t-too much." He takes a breath. "And I don't think that's a great idea, so I wanted to ask you to hang out with me later?"

You can barely keep up with the words flowing from his mouth, but you manage to catch the last part.

"Um.." You say and stare at his shoes.

"Just say yes. We can have a lot of fun and you can show me around, yeah?" He pleads and tries to lift your head with his hand. He places his fingertips under your chin and gently pulls up so your head tilts towards him. Such a passionate gesture for something friendly.

"Uh...yes." You say and the squint your eyes waiting for him to ridicule you and say that he was only messing around, that he would never be caught dead with someone like you.

"Awesome! Meet me on the steps where I saw you after school yesterday!" He says excitedly and removes his fingers from your chin. "Oh and just text your mom and tell her that I'm bringing you home."

With that he hurries away to class, his shoes squeaking.

Your fingers move to touch the tingling spot where Marcel's fingers had been. It felt so strange to be touched. You felt like you wanted him to touch you again. It was a weird feeling and you weren't sure that you really liked that.

Sighing, quite loudly, you opened your locker and removed and put away your contents for the day.

Somehow, quiet Y/n had gotten her first date with a boy she didn't know if she even liked or not.

***A/N***

okay so this part is kind of just filler really. but hey you've got a 'date' with marcel now! stay tuned for the last installment of this series! it'll be cute :)