Forbidden Love - Request Imagine for Leighannexp

Leighanne- Marcel's mom doesn't like her but he won't give up on their love.

Forbidden Love 

"I'll be back soon Mom, I promise." You heard Marcel tell his mom before pulling the front door shut behind him. You smiled up at him from the bottom of the concrete steps leading up to his front door.  

"Ready to go?" You ask and gesture towards your running car in the driveway. He nods excitedly, a hair coming loose for the gelled back mess of brown.  

"I'm so glad to be getting out of here. I really can't stand it. You know how she is sometimes. Okay well not sometimes, but all the time." He shakes his head and follows you to your car.  

"Yeah, I get the impression that she isn't very fond of me." You sigh and walk around to the driver's side. Marcel opens the passenger door and slides in to continue the conversation.  

"Well she is like that with everyone. I think that she just needs time to get comfortable with you." He buckles into the seat and you do the same before putting the car into reverse.  

"But Marcel, she's known of me for years. Sure we haven't always been as close as we are now, but I've lived in this town all my life. I see you guys at the grocery store. We go to the same church even. Why is she so uncomfortable with me?" You ask and head towards the library so that you and Marcel can get a school project done.  

"Now that is a good question actually. But Leighanne, she knows that you're my girlfriend and that you won't ever hurt me. She knows that you're a good person." He tries to console your thoughts.  

"I don't know. There is definitely something off there." You mutter and then turn up the music. He reaches over and turns off the music completely. You look over at him quickly with a confused and slightly annoyed look on your face. He wasn't one to be so forward and bold with things.  

"Leighanne, you know that no matter what happens or no matter what anyone thinks, I will still love you forever. And I mean that. Forever." Marcel places his large hand on your thigh. You shiver from the warmth it brings you not only on your leg, but from his words to your heart.  

"Thanks, Marcel. You have no idea how much I love you either. I don't ever want to lose you." You try to finish the conversation quickly so you can focus on the road to the library. 

A loud bleating sound fills the car and you look at Marcel who is now fumbling around to find the source of the noise. From his backpack he pulls out his ancient flip phone from the early 2000's. He flips it open and answers with a tentative hello. 

You drive and listen at the same time. It's hard to hear what the other person is saying, but it sounds like a woman's voice so you can only assume that it's his mother.  

"Okay....okay Mom." He says into the receiver. You can hear a frantic, but stern voice on the phone.  

A few seconds later he says goodbye and hangs up the phone.  

"What was that all about?" You ask as you pause at a stop sign, looking left and right.  

"She just, um, wanted to know if I would be home in time for dinner at five." He says and looks out the window. You look at the clock on the dash and gasp. 

"You do know that it's four thirty right now? And we haven't even gotten to the library yet. How are we supposed to get anything done at all?" You ramble out angrily. You know that his mom is doing this on purpose. What her problem was, you'll never know.  

"Yeah I know. Maybe we shouldn't go tonight then." Marcel mumbles almost inaudibly.  

"Seriously. This is bullshit. I can't even believe it." You mutter and make a very illegal u-turn in the middle of the four-way intersection and head back towards Marcel's. You honestly didn't even care about breaking the law. You were pissed off because of this whole thing. Sometimes you felt like this wasn't even worth it anymore.