Y/n Nerd & Marcel

"H-hey, Marcel." You squeaked and pushed your big glasses up your nose. They always seemed to be falling down.

"Hi, Y/n! How are you today?" Marcel asks as he slows down to your pace. It was early morning and you had just gotten to school. There wasn't a lot of people here, but when you saw your only friend Marcel, your heart started to flutter and a smile came on your face.

"I'm good. I've been working on that project for m-math all night! It's going to be really cool!" You reach your locker and Marcel leans on the locker next to it. He was taller than the lockers as you peered up at him through your lenses.

"Oh. I haven't done much..." Marcel admits. You know that you have done a lot of work on the project. Maybe you should have shared it a little with Marcel.

"I'm sorry. I just get too excited about it. Ya know, math is my thing." You smile up at him hoping he notices your new lip gloss. You picked it out just the other day when Marcel was oogling another girls glossy plump lips.

He smiles down and shakes his head. "You only you."

Those words set your heart on fire. You wish he would have meant that in a different way, but either way, he said it. You blush.

"So, um..." He pauses as Virgina, the most popular and beautiful girl in our highschool, walks by. She gives Marcel a warm smile and he stands up tall from the locker, his face paling. She doesn't ever notice him, but when she does she has always been nice. That surprised you because Virgina wasn't exactly nice in PE class.

"S-sorry." He apologizes and rips his gaze from her and returns to you. You sigh and wish that he would look at you like that, but you know he never will. No matter how much lip gloss you apply or even what clothes you wear.

"Haha! Your face was funny when she smiled at you." You say trying to play it off. Marcel seems to relax and laughs about it too.

"I couldn't help it. She's pretty." His glasses start to go crooked and he fixes them with one large hand. Oh how you wish you could hold that hand. Or he could wrap his arm around you and it could rest on your hip.

"I agree. I wish I was like her." You sigh and turn to your locker.

"Why? I like this you better." Marcel says his face concerned. Sure he might be your bestfriend, but how do explain to your bestfriend that you wish he would look at you like he looks at other girls.

"I just..I don't know. Let's go to class." You say trying to change the subject. Marcel huffs but quietly walks beside you to class.

"LOOK! It's the nerd and nerdette!" Someone shouted and the whole hallway started to erupt in laughter.

"Stop it." you muttered under your breath as they all laughed. You didn't want to look up at Marcel. You were sure his face was bright red. The classroom is only a few feet ahead. Just a few more...

Your books scatter across the floor as a foot draws back in. You feel yourself fall to the ground, the cold hard ground.

You lay there as they all laugh at you. Marcel hurriedly bends down and begins to scoop you up and helps you get back to your feet. All you can do is watch as he swiftly picks up your books and hands them to you. He pulls you by the arm into the empty classroom and finally lets out a breath.

"I-uh, thanks." You say and check yourself over for anything amiss. Nothing seems to be ripped or torn, your palms and knees hurt from the fall but you're okay. Marcel watches you, but quickly looks away when your eyes meet his.

"No, problem."

You had become so used to them pushing you both around. It wasn't worth the fight. They would just make fun of you some more if you tried to defend yourselves. The best thing to do was to just get up and walk away from it all. And that is what you did.