The Sound of True Love- Request Imagine for Daniii_517

"Okay, ready?" You say and poise your arm ready to throw the baseball to Marcel.

It was an absolute gorgeous day outside. The grass was so vibrant and healthy green, while the cloudless blue sky stretched above you and your bestfriend. There was a slight breeze that was picking up wisps of hair that hadn't quite made it into your low ponytail. They tickled your face, but you tried your best to ignore them for this was the first time you had managed to get Marcel to play baseball outside.

"I...I think so." He calls from about ten feet away. Marcel looks unsure as he waits for you to toss the ball towards his mit. You told him  you would go easy on him.

You gently toss the ball at the mitt and Marcel closes his eyes and shys away from the ball letting it drop to the ground. Frustration with him starts to rise in your chest, but you breathe deeply trying to calm yourself.

"Let's try again?" You suggest and point to the ball resting before his foot. He bends down quickly to pick up the ball, but it only causes his glasses to slip off his face. Marcel tries to catch them with his mitted hand, but ends up poking himself in the eye. He let's out a frustrated sigh.

"Dani! I just can't do this. It isn't me." Marcel takes the mitt of his hand and rubs at his eye before putting his glasses back on.

"Well, I guess we can just go swing or something." You say kind of disappointed, as you look around the park. There is swings near some large trees, no one is over there. Marcel nods and heads towards it.

Once you're both settled into swings right next to each other, you begin to swing. Memories of years ago come back with each pump of your legs. You see yourself at age 5 giggling with a little boy swinging next to you. His black, thick glasses are too big for his face and they droop down his face with each swing.

You let your legs go limp so your swing matches his strides. Within seconds the two of you are swinging at the same time.

"Marcel, we're married. We're married!" You scream happily, smiling at your very best friend. Marcel gives you a big goofy grin and the memory disappears. Now the boy sitting next to you is staring at you with wide eyes beneath the glasses, wondering where you just went.

"Are you okay?" He asks concerned as he lightly swings back and forth.

"Just fine. I was thinking about when we were little and we used to swing at the same time and yell that we were married." You sigh and turn away from him to look up at the tree. It bares the same green leaves that you always tried to reach back when you were younger.

"Oh." Marcel quietly says and resumes swinging. Now it's your turn to look at him. Normally he would have had some sort of comment to add to that, but today he didn't. In fact he had been acting very strange for the past week. You figured that it might have something to do with the highschool concert coming up. He'd mentioned something earlier about being in it, but hadn't said anything after that. You didn't want to push it either, however, something was clearly bugging him.

"What's up?" You ask and watch him slowly to a stop, the swing just turning from side to side now.

"Nothing. I'm fine. I just don't really, um, feel good today." He mumbles towards the end of that.

"Is it because the concert is tomorrow? Do you need to practice?"

"Sort of. I mean, I know all the words. I'm just a little nervous about, uh, reactions." He sighs and tries to hide it.

"Reactions?" You question.

"It's nothing. It'll be fine. I really don't want to talk about it, okay?" Marcel pleads and you nod, letting it go. The both of you sit in silence for ten minutes until you decide that you should be heading home. Marcel agrees and you get up to wrap each other in a hug. You notice that this particular hug is slightly longer and tighter than any others, but you don't say anything when he releases you.