Chapter 25- The aftermath

Thanks for reading!!!

With the last of their power already used to purify, they fell down to the ground as everyone else woke up. Their clothes were tattered, they were filthy and they had only a 2.123456789876% chance of living.

Natsu.

Sting.

Hogo-sha.

As they woke up they ran to go and catch the ones they love....

3 moths later

Natsu pov

It's now been three months since the battle with Valentine and Luce, Yukino and Hisui still haven't woken up.

They saved all our lives but we're never sure if they're going to live to the next day. I want to see her smiling again, or "Lucy kicking" me out her house, or shouting at me, or just for her to wake up.

I sat down next to where she lay in her pink sheeted bed and took her hand. It's so cold, as if she was frozen.

I watched her sleep ever so peacefully. She is so beautiful. I need to have her back.

Happy sat on my shoulder but I barely noticed he was even in the room.

I closed my eyes for a moment remembering a time before this happened a time when it was so easy- too easy- to take what I had for granted. A time when she was just always there and my feelings for her were still confused.

But now that's all changed. When she wakes up I'm not going to spend a day without her, I'll tell her I love her everyday, and this time I will protect her, no matter what.

I was lost in my though and when I came back to reality she was glowing.

Lucy pov

Darkness. That's all it's been for the last, according to Natsu, 3 months.

I'm not dead, so I suppose that's an achievement but I want to wake up.

I can hear them physically, and I can hear their thoughts as well but the only people I can contact our Yukino and Hisui and I suppose they're in the same condition.

I miss them all so much, and I feel guilty because Natsu practically doesn't leave here. He gets here before Erza checks on me for the night and leaves barely.

I don't want him to feel pain because of me, I only wanted to protect them all.

I see something glowing in this hall of darkness I'm trapped in. My keys. All of them glowing brightly.

I run to get them and the marks of them appear on my arm once more. I feel my energy coming back to me and then I see the light...

Natsu pov

Marking started to appear on her arm, as her keys were in her other hand.

Her hair went back to how it was after the year and she opened her eyes.

Her beautiful knowing warm brown eyes stared at me as she smiled.

I hugged her and she hugged me back. A single tear ran down her face as she smiled even more.

"I'm sorry, Natsu." she said as I leaned in to kiss her.

"It doesn't matter now as long as we're together again now." I said kissing her once more.

Lucy pov

I was so happy. I've never been this happy before even before my mum died.

I love you so much, Natsu Dragneel.

We stayed hugging for a long while until Happy said, "I'm hungry."

I hugged Happy and chuckled. "I'll just go and get cleaned up and then we can go and eat.

After showering and dressing, there was a knock on my door.

Erza, Gray, Juvia, Gajeel, Levy, Wendy, Carla, Lily and Jellal were all at my door.

When Erza saw me she gave me a bone-crushing hug; Gray and Juvia hugged me at the same time as did Levy-chan and Gajeel. Wendy hugged me and Carla sat on my shoulder for a while. I kinda awkwardly hugged Jellal.

I then made breakfast as they all made themselves at home. We ate our delicious breakfast and then headed to the guild hall, while Jellal went to meet with his team.

We went to the guild hall and we had a good time catching up with the others and joking around, drinking a collection of welcome back cocktails made by Mira.

===

A month later

Lucy pov

Everything was back to usual now, well as usual as it was before, save for the fact that I now live at the Heartfillia mansion and just teleport to the guild hall every day which is honestly tiring.

I now regularly meet up with Yukino and Hisui. We find somewhere to just talk and practice using our powers. We almost always end up talking about, marriage which is fine considering we're all now in engaged.

Did I forget to mention that Natsu proposed to me a week after I woke up?

Well I'm surprised I didn't mention that 'cause it's practically been the only thing on my mind for weeks.

We teleported to the guild hall as usual, and I sat down with Happy as Natsu started a fight with Gray only for them both to be punished by Erza.

Natsu came back over to us. He said something that I really miss hearing, "Hey, Luce let's go on a mission."

I beamed a smile over to him and Natsu picked one of them and off we went...

====

Thanks for reading!!!

REMEMBER TO COMMENT!!!

Only a few more chapters to go

-Ski