Chapter 2

(A/N Ok so because Haylie was three when Voldimort tried to kill her the first two or so years are going to be different from Harry's were then I'll pretty much fallow the books. Thanks~Kara)

Early the next morning we made our way to kings cross station. Platform nine and three quarters was busy as it always but was not as loud as usual because we had beat the last minute rush. I said my goodbyes to Mum, Dad, Ron, and Ginny. Ginny was the hardest to say goodbye to and I had to promise her and Mum that I would write on occasion.

Fred and George looped their arms through mine as we boarded the train. I was nervous but I knew everything would be fine. I had my two best friends on either side of me and if things went according to plan we would be Pranking kids by tomorrow morning. I had heard a lot of things about Hogwarts including something no one else but me, Fred and George payed much attention to. There were ghosts at our school and according to Percy there was one that loved to prank people. When we had heard that we got excited because we could have prank wars with the ghost.

As we neared Hogwarts we put on our robes. All of our robes were brand new because there wernt enough hamydowns for all three of us. I liked the look of my new robes but I was scared about what house I would be put into.

 "Hey guys?" The other two looked up at me. "Would you guys still hang out with me if I were put into a different house than you?"

"Of corce we will..."

"...Still hang out with you!" They said

I let out a sigh of relief. I wanted to be in Gryffindor but I knew that Slytherin was still a option along with the other two houses.

 All to soon we were at Hogwarts and were being ushered into the boats. I clung to Fred because he was closest to me. I was terrified of water.

Mum and Dad had taken us to the beach before Ron and Ginny were born and Fred and George took off at a run towards the waves. I had fallowed them. I was smaller than them as I still am so when they were knee deep in the water it was almost up to my waist. A huge wave came and washed over us. Fred and George managed not to loose their footing but I was swept away. I couldn't swim well so I made it to the surface once then was dragged under by the undertow. I could hear Fred and George calling my name but it was muffled because of me being under water. I screamed with the last little bit of breath I had and to my surprise it was answered by Fred who arrived looking scared but determined. He, being the strongest swimmer out of us all, started kicking towards the surface dragging me with him. Lungs burning I gasped for breath and clung to Fred. Dad and Percy came swimming out to meet us. Percy took me from Fred and Dad helped the exhausted Fred swim to shore. Fred had passed out from trying so hard to save me. I was coughing from all the water I had inhaled as we were swimming. I started crying and squirming out of Percy's arms. I was about 4 at the time and I loved all of my brothers but even then I took more of a liking to Fred than anyone else. I launched myself and wouldn't leave him even for a second. No amount of prying would make me let go of my brother. He had always been the nicest of the two twins and I wasn't going to let him go especially because he had just saved my life. I clung to Fred for days and every time I got near deep water I would stay as far away as possible. Fred didn't stay away from the water but I did. George made fun of me but it was light because I had heard him in the night return to the beach where he started calling my name and not finding me. I knew that George only joked about it to try and erase the memory from his mind of me vanishing but Fred wouldn't tolerate it one second. He always yelled at George and he stopped.

I clung to Fred the whole way across the lake. Once on the other side I let go of my death grip of Fred's arm and joined the group of first years waiting to be sorted. The sorting was going fast and everyone was chatting quietly and cheering when a first year was sorted into their house. Then my name was called. The room went silent. Naturally everyone had heard of the girl who lived but I hadn't expected that reaction at all.

I walked up the steps to the awaiting stool and the hat was placed on my head. A Potter huh? You have a strong mind and Slytherin would do you well but you want Gryffindor don't you? Yes you are very much like your parents in that so better be....."Gryffindor!" Everyone cheered. I went and sat down next to Percy and waited for the twins to be sorted. The hat barely touched their heads before it said "Gryffindor!"

After the sorting was done Headmaster Doumbledore made a speech welcoming all of us first years and laying out a few ground rules then we were allowed to eat. The ghosts came in as we started to eat. Percy named all of the ghosts as they passed including Sir Nickolas and Peaves. 

After the feast we were taken to the Griffendor common room and given the password for the Fat lady then told to go to bed. I stayed a few minutes late to say goodnight to my brothers then I went up to my bed. I got changed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.