Chapter 28

I keep walking. There are bones everywhere. The whole place is littered with them which makes my stomach churn.
Finally I get to a door. I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do but then I realize there are snakes on it so I say "Open" in their language. The snakes jump back as another one slides around the edge of the door and then the door clicked open.
My wand was in my hand. Ready to move at anything. My thoughts weren't on anything other than saving Ron. Not even the fact that I'd left by brothers with three men that I didn't know if I could trust.
I walked into the cavern. There was a Dumbledores head carved into the back wall. There were snakes all along the walls and pipes behind them that led god knows where. Then I saw Ron laying on the floor. I half ran half limped to him. My ankle was probably pretty badly sprained from earlier so I went as fast as I could and got to him.
My first reaction was to try and shake him awake.
An older boy approached. I turned to look at him.
"Who are you?" I demanded more than asked.
"Tom Riddle."
I knew that name from somewhere but I couldn't think from where. I didn't trust him but I needed help.
"Can you help me? I need to get my brother out of here. I need to wake him up."
"He won't wake."
"What do you mean? He has to. He has to wake before the Basilisk...."
"It won't come till it's called."
Now I really didn't trust this guy. There was a book laying on the ground that I walked over and picked up. Tom's reaction was "Don't touch that!" So naturally I smirked and picked it up.
That's when I heard a squawk. I heard a bird squawk. I look up and the bird that sat in Dumbledores office was flying to me with an old hat. He dropped it in my hands and landed on one of the nearby snakes.
Tom laughed. "So this is what Dumbledores sends his great warrior. A songbird and and old hat." He then turned and called the Basilisk.
*Fred's POV*
Lockhart had totally lost his memory. Clearing the rocks wasn't working very well even with magic. We did clear it enough though that a bird, a Phoenix I think, got through. Lupin said that it was Fawks. Dumbledores Phoenix and that he was probably sent to held Haylie. George and I looked at each other at that and started working harder and faster to get to our brother and sister.