Chapter 29

*Haylie's POV*
I've seen some pretty big snakes before but nothing this HUGE! Like holy broom sticks, I'm going to pee my pants- that's a big snake.
I looked down the instant I saw its face. I looked at my feet and there was the hat. The hat now had something shiny sticking out of it.
I reach for it and a sword came out. "Well that's handy." I mutter.
I see the Basilisk moving closer to me out of the corner of my eye. I also see the bird swoop down. I watch the shadow when I hear Tom shout "No!"
The bird had torn out the Basilisk's eyes taking away that part of its killing ability.
I look up. "Your bird may have blinded it but it can still hear you." Tom said smirking. That's when I pulled a fast one on him and changed into my wolf form and move silently thankful for the padding on the bottom of my feet.
By the time I actually made some noise for the Basilisk to follow I was a ways away. The sword held in between my teeth so I had it if I needed it. I disappeared into one of the pipes.
The snake came after me not long. I changed back into human form for a second and threw a rock further down the pipe in a desperate attempt. Then I changed back and waited till his tail was gone. That's when I ran. My body aches so badly. My probably still broken arm aches and my ankle hurt and my body just hurt all over. I was beyond beat up at this point.
I ran out of the pipe and changed behind a statue. Then I hurried to Ron.
I tried to wake him but he was turning cold. Tom warned me that in a few minutes he would be dead.
That's when the Basilisk burst from the pool of water below Dumbledores head. Picked up the sword and started to climb. I made as little noise as possible. When I got to the top I stood at the ready.
The Basilisk lunged a couple times. Out of the corner of my eye I saw people enter the cavern. I knew instantly who they were. "Stay back" I called knowing that Fred and George wouldnt. Especially not Fred. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the two men holding them back.
In an instant the snake lunged. I jabbed the sword up into its skull. I pulled the sword out and the snake flailed about for a few minutes. On the way down one of its upper fangs got caught in my leg. I screamed in pain and fell halfway down the face. I climbed down the rest of the way but my strength was leaving me fast.
I took out the fang and limped over to Ron. The boys were still being held back because I had held my hand up to show not yet. Though they were struggling beyond belief.
"Funny." Tom remarked. "How fast the venom penetrates the body."
I didn't respond. I grabbed the little black book and opened it. "What are you doing?" He asked with an edge to his voice.
I slammed the fang into it. "Stop! NO!"
I took it out and slammed the fang into the other side. Then the front and back covers and Tom Riddle A.K.A Voldemort disintegrated. I knew I had heard that name before. Ron woke up and the boys were at our sides now. Ink was all over the floor. Sirius and Lupin were standing over us too.
George had been the one to reach me first so I was laying in his lap and he was stroking my hair.
"You'll be ok." He said with a shake in his voice.
"Did you see me?" I smirked up at him "I killed a bigger snake than you."
He laughed and had tears streaming down his face.
The bird came down. "You were fantastic!" I told him "thank you."
It cried on the wound. Lupin was smiling and laughing.
"Of course!" He exclaimed "A Phoenix!" And started laughing again and hugged Sirius and this time Sirius was laughing too.
"What are you going on about! Our sister is dying!" Fred yelled.
"Not anymore!" Lupin said back
Suddenly my strength started coming back.
"Georgie help me sit up." I said.
He did.
"Phoenix tears have healing powers." Lupin stated.
Suddenly I had three boys tackling me to the ground.
"That doesn't mean I'm immortal!" I shout and they all backed off.
"She's right. The venom may be gone but she still has a lot of other injuries that need to be taken care of."
The twins each took an arm and helped me walk because effort. After a while they took turns giving me piggy back rides out because my broken arm got re broken in the fall off Dumbledore.
By the time we found our way out the moon was out.
"Professor please tell me you have taken your potion...."