Chapter XXV

Super long wait so sorry! Here's the next chapter not much happens in my opinion but eh....

Vote 

Comment

Fan

Don't forget this story is up for the Watty Awards!

*********************

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The persistent knock on the front door was driving me insane. I snuggled closer to Cain’s warm body and sighed as the knocking let up. I didn’t know who it was that had ruined my nap nor did I really care. I was content with just laying there in my mate’s arms, the world could wait. 

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.

There it was again. That damn knocking. I groaned and buried my face in Cain’s chest. Whoever it was needed to go away! Cain’s chest vibrated beneath me and I knew he was up. He kept on chuckling as the knocking kept sounding and I continued to hide away.

“We should see who it is.” he said trying to slide out from under me.

“No,” I side holding tighter to his body. “They’ll go away eventually.”

“They’ve been at for over five minutes.” he said smoothing the hair from my face.

“Fine,” I sighed rolling onto my back. “You can go check and tell them to go away.”

Wrapping the blankets tightly around me I got comfortable. I watched as Cain climbed out of bed in all his naked glory. Boy, oh boy, did I have one fine as piece of man as a mate. He wasn’t overly muscular but, very well defined and I loved every bit of him. Cain pulled on his jeans that had been discarded earlier that day. All I could think as I watched his tight ass walk out of the room was: ‘I can’t wait to removed those jeans.’

I had just closed my eyes again, attempting to go back to sleep. My attempts were in vain because without Cain lying next to me I could get comfortable enough to fall asleep. I was getting way to used to the fact that he and I shared a bed and that was just not well. If this was how it was going to be all the time I was in some serious trouble. I tossed and turned the whole time he was out there talking to whoever it was that had been knocking on the door. Why was it taking him so long? Couldn’t he have just told them to go away because we were taking a very nice nap? 

“Time to get up and get dressed.” Cain said walking back into the room.

“What, why?” I whined like a child. “I don’t want to. What I do want though is for you to strip out of those freaking jeans and get back into bed with me.”

“We stayed in bed long enough, we have to go.” he said

“I’ll make it worth your while.” I said biting my lip.

I would use any damn thing I could if it meant getting my mate back into be with me. 

“As tempting as that sounds, I can’t. Our families are waiting for us, thanksgiving dinner and all, remember?” he asked pulling on a clean blue button up.