Chapter XXVI

Not the best chapter a teeny bit of drama, not too much though...Sorry for the long wait I was having a hard time with story...

Vote

Comment

Fan

******************

The rest of Thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch. Mine and Cain’s father’s went and talked with the other Alpha’s about the discussion we had. All in all the Alphas agreed that it was something that should be done. They didn’t like the age for training either but, it really was up to the rest of us if we wanted to participate in the training. The school wouldn’t force anyone who didn’t want to train but, instead would let us all decide on our own. I was definitely going to be going to those training sessions. 

Lucky for me though I had already done some training back at home and I couldn’t wait to get back into it. The training would be started until next Monday since most of the student body and staff wanted to do some shopping done over the weekend. I couldn’t wait for the black Friday sale coming up the next day. Best sale day of the whole year. 

After dinner was over and everyone had said goodbyes to their families Cain and I headed back to our room. I knew there were some things that he would want to talk to me about and if we didn’t talk about tonight it wasn’t going to happen tomorrow because I had a shopping date with the girls. 

Once we were both changed into our pj’s we curled up in bed together. No sense in doing anything else when we were going to be talking any way. I waited in his arms patiently as he got his thought s together. 

“So,” Cain began slowly “You had your first shift when you were nine.” 

“Yup.” I nodded wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his chest.

“Holy shit,” he breathed 

I knew why he was so surprised about my first shift. Only boys were known to shift at a young age while girls didn’t shift till they were 14 or 15; sometimes 13. Boy’s were known to shift as young 11 but, none younger then that. 

“How is that even possible?” he asked 

“I don’t know, I wasn’t the only girl in our pack to change at a young age.” I said 

It was now or never. I knew it was time to tell Cain something that no one else knew aside from our pack members and a few other Alphas. 

“Really?” he asked shifting his body so he could look down at me. 

“There was one other girl who shifted at the same age.” I replied 

“Who?” he asked 

“My sister Ana.” I answered looking down at his bare chest. 

“You have a sister?” he asked confused 

“Had, I had a sister.” I replied “She died five years ago, just after my 12th birthday.” 

“I-I’m so sorry,” he breathed 

“So am I, but, that’s a story for another time.” I said “Anyway back to the shifting. I don’t know if it’s just my pack or what but, it seems like we have a knack for early shifters especially in the Alpha line. Ana and I both changed at nine and Na’ali’i shifted at eleven. My parents had done a lot of research to find out why Ana and I had shifted to early but, came up empty.”