Chapter 39 ~ Fights

"Liam, come on, would you please just listen to me?" Luna begged as she followed Liam through his house. After she had stayed at the station for a while with her dad and Stiles, Luna has figured she would make it up to Liam by spending the rest of the night with him. She hadn't realized how pissed off he truly was. "Liam, just talk to me!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't have the time for you," Liam growled, turning to Luna, his eyes tinting a golden-yellow. Luna crossed her arms over her chest, her eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she asked, picking up on the sass he had made sure to add in his voice. Liam raised his eyebrows.

"You know exactly what that means," he challenged, crossing his arms over his chest as well. Luna tried to remain calm, knowing that the boy was an I.E.D. and couldn't help his random bursts of anger.

Luna sighed sharply. "Are you seriously being like this because of earlier?" Silence. Luna scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Are you fucking kidding me, Liam?" He shrugged, his expression blank, as if part of his anger had faded. "Well, I'm sorry that there are at least two Hunters who go to our school and I'm trying to help figure out who it is. Yes, I left, but I came over to spend the rest of the night with you!"

"Why bother? I'm clearly a hassle in your life," Liam hissed. Luna wasn't enjoying his attitude. She didn't have to see this side very often, and whenever she did see it, she absolutely hated it. He became a different person.

"You really playing that card?" Luna questioned, her arms crossing over her chest once again. "Liam, if you were a hassle, do you think I would be in a relationship with you? No. I wouldn't be. Why are you being like this?"

Liam sighed sharply. "I think you know why I'm being like this, Luna." The girl stayed silent, waiting for him to continue. "Look, I get that I can't take every second of your life. I get that. But you're at the station almost every night now. We never get the chance to go on dates and spend time with just the two of us. Quality time. One of the few times we do, you leave. That fucking hurts, okay?"

"You think it was easy for me to leave you tonight? Because, I'll tell you, no, it wasn't," Luna scoffed. "I wanted to spend time with you, too. But when my dad calls and it's about Hunters who are trying to kill us, I'm going to do everything I can to help with that case. I'm just trying to protect you."

Liam looked down, soon looking back up at Luna, his eyes now glossed over with tears. "I'm just scared that I'm not going to be able to protect you from everything. And one of those times when I can't protect you, something bad is going to happen to you. That's why I want to spend as much time with you as possible. Because, for one, I want to be able to protect you, and two, before something does happen, I want it to happen with both of us knowing that we spent a lot of time together. With us having a whole bunch of memories to share."

"We already have a bunch of memories to share, Liam," Luna said, her voice quiet and shaking now. "And there's going to be plenty more. You can't live paranoid that one of the days you aren't with me the whole day, something bad is going to happen. Not much bad has happened lately, and we're slowly finding out about the Hunters." She reached forward, grabbing his hands. "Everything's going to be okay."

"How do you know?" Liam questioned, his hands moving to her waist.

Luna shrugged. "I don't. I guess that's one of the adventures we have to take in life. We have to find out what's next as it's happening. We can't predict the future." Liam looked into her eyes. "But, no matter what, I am going to be right here. I'm not going anywhere. I love you, Liam Dunbar."

Liam smiled. "I love you too, Luna Stilinski." Luna smiled, one hand on either side of Liam's neck. The boy leaned forward, the space between them closing as he connected their lips. The two pulled away seconds later, their foreheads pressed together, the tips of their noses touching. Luna smiled, her body pressed up against his as they stood there. "Are we okay now?"

Luna nodded. "We're okay now."

~~

A/N

Y'all the song You Raise Me Up came on while I was writing this and I started balling