Chapter 13 ~ Sophomores

The next day was the first day of Sophomore year. Already, it had started off crazy.

Luna followed Liam and Mason down the halls while the two boys rushed to their first class, talking about the supernatural, which wasn't much of a surprise.

"This is the one I was telling you about, I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany. Cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it," Mason said to Liam.

"You're still reading about this stuff?" Liam asked. Luna furrowed her eyebrows, deciding it was best to just bite her tongue and listen.

"I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression," Mason stated. The description told Luna it was about Berserkers. The horrid memory of getting attacked began replaying, until Mason talking interrupted the thought. "Have you seen anything like this?"

"Berserker," Luna stated, shrugging. The two ignored her, and she rolled her eyes.

Liam looked at the picture Mason was looking at. "Uh, no. Never."

"And then there's this whole second about the Nagual," Mason continued. "Have you ever heard of the name Tezcat. . ." He stopped, trying to figure out the word. Liam glanced at the word on the page.

"Tezcatlipoca," he said. He looked back up at Mason, shrugging. "No. No, never heard of him." Liam and Mason turned into their History class. Realizing he had left his girlfriend in the hall, Liam stepped back out, pecking her lips. "I love you, I'll see you later."

"I love you too," Luna replied. She turned, walking down the hall to her English class.

~~

Luna froze in the doorway of her English class when she noticed that the only seat left was next to Damian. "Great," she mumbled. She walked over, sitting down, taking out her notebook. Damian smirked as he looked at her.

"Well, look who it is," he smiled. Luna looked over at the boy.

"Yay," she said, giving a lifeless jazzhands, no enthusiasm what-so-ever in her voice.

Damian rolled his eyes. "Gee, I really feel the love, Luna. You know, I am the greatest person you have ever met, and I don't appreciate-"

"Well well, looks like we have two talkers," the teacher said, interrupting Damian. Damian turned his head to the teacher.

"You know, it's rude to interrupt someone while they're talking," he stated. He turned to finish what he was saying to Luna, only to be interrupted again.

"Damian, is it?" the teacher questioned. Damian rolled his eyes.

"Yes. Do you ever learn? I said interrupting is rude," Damian spat.

The teacher crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm sure the principal would really appreciate having a student in his office during the first period of the first day of school." Damian bit his tongue, looking down at his notebook.

~~

"Outfit change?" Luna chuckled as she spotted Liam while walking to her next class. He wore maroon shorts with his red sweatshirt and grey t-shirt instead of his black jeans.

"Not intended," Liam replied. Mason stood nearby, waiting to continue his conversation with Liam. Liam turned to his best friend. "Dude, it's the first day of school. Shouldn't you be thinking about other things?" Liam watched as the boys soccer team cheered and jogged down the hall. "Like the soccer team?"

Mason scoffed. "What do you think I'm going to do? Follow them out to the field and watch them practice while I pretend to study?"

"It's warm out. They're probably going to be shirtless," Liam hinted. Luna smirked, looking back at the boys soccer team, which was now outside to practice. Mason bit his lip, one of the players who was left inside turning and smirking at him.

"I'll see you in Physics," Mason said, patting Liam's shoulder and rushing down the hall.

"Wait for me!" Luna called. Liam grabbed her by the waist, Luna crossing her arms over her chest.

"No no no, we have Gemoetry," Liam stated.

Luna groaned in annoyance. "But I hate math. It's useless."

Of course, just then, Damian came walking down the hall. "Geometry is great if you want to learn about those shapes, huh?" he teased, nudging Liam in the side.

"Shut up," Liam spat.

"You guys are both idiots," Luna growled, turning and walking ahead of them to the Geometry room.

"Let's hope you two don't study together and study shapes outside of the book, huh?" Damian winked as he and Liam walked together. Liam glared at the boy.