Chapter 5 ~ Party

"I say if It keeps him from murdering someone we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake," Stiles suggested. The pack was currently meeting up by the busses to discuss what they were going to do with Liam since tonight was a full moon.

Malia smiled, raising her hand. "I'm in."

"We are not kidnapping or killing him," Luna growled. Kira smirked, pinching Luna's cheeks.

"Someone has a crush!" she exclaimed. Luna hit the older girls hands away, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I do not," she replied.

Lydia interrupted before the small argument went too far. "Then let's be smarter. We tell him there's a party and invite him."

"So, you're going to ask out a Freshman?" Stiles questioned.

"No, I'm done with teenage boys," Lydia scoffed. She turned to Luna, who raised her eyebrows. "But, if we're playing a trick on someone, we'll have to use someone he's closer with."

Everyone turned to Luna, smirking. The girls eyes widened. "Me? Oh, no, no, I'm not doing that."

"Come on," Scott begged.

"We know he's closer to you," Stiles added.

Luna sighed sharply, caving in. "Okay, fine. But remember one thing: I hate all of you."

~~

"No! I change my mind!" Luna exclaimed as the pack pushed her around a corner, Liam being down the hall on the other side.

"Too late!" Stiles exclaimed. He shoved the girl forward, causing her to lose her balance. She was expecting to fall and hit the ground, but instead, Liam caught her in his arms. Luna looked up, her hazel eyes meeting Liam's beautiful crystal blue ones. Man, he was so cute.

"You okay?" he asked, snapping Luna out of her trait of thought. He helped her steady herself onto her feet.

Luna cleared her throat. "I'm, uh. . . I'm great." She looked around, exhaling a shaky breath. "Well, um, since I ran into you, my friend is throwing a party and I was just wondering if you might want to go with me?"

Liam raised his eyebrows, surprised by the question. "You're inviting me to a party?"

"Yeah," Luna nodded. "It's going to be super fun."

"I'd love to go," Liam smiled.

~~

The ride to the lake house was interesting, to say the least. Luna could tell that the full moon had already started to affect Liam. He had Kira turn down the music in the car, and he was holding his ears. Luna instantly recognized the actions as signs that he was already beginning to turn.

"Um. . . Where is everyone?" Liam questioned as they stepped out of the car. Luna glanced around at the lake house, not being able to help but to smile.

"They're here. It's a small party," Kira lied.

Liam looked at Luna. "You said everyone was coming."

"They are. They're late. And we're early. So better hurry. Yay! Party!" Kira said quickly. Luna and Liam shared a glance. Luna shrugged, pretending as if she didn't know why Kira was acting like that. They walked inside and Kira turned, shutting and locking the door behind Liam.

"I'm so sorry," Luna said quietly.

"What the hell is this?" Liam growled, looking to everyone else.

"Think of it like an intervention. You have a problem, Liam," Stiles explained.

Scott nodded. "And we're the only ones who can help."

~~

"Werewolf. Werecoyote. Banshee. Fox?" Liam listed, confused as to what exactly Kira was.

"Um, Kitsune. But fox works," Kira corrected. Liam nodded, turning back to Stiles.

"What are you?" he asked.

Stiles shrugged. "Um, for a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil." Liam furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you now?" he questioned.

"Better," Stiles replied.

Liam looked at Luna. "Okay, then what are you?"

"The normal one of the group," Luna smiled. Chains rattling caused Liam to turn his head.

"Are those for me?" he quizzed.

Malia shook her head. "No, they're for me." Malia's eyes flashed a deep blue, soon fading back to their natural color.

"How did you do that?" Liam asked.

"You know, you ask a lot of questions," Luna stated. Liam looked at her, and she raised her arms in surrender.

Scott answered Liam's questioned. "You'll learn. But first, you need to get through the full moon."

"The moon is already out," Liam stated, his breaths becoming shorter as his breathing increased.

"And you're starting to feel something, aren't you?" Scott questioned, keeping a close eye on the boy, who was standing close to Luna.

"Yeah, I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nutjobs!" Liam shouted. Luna was taken aback by his sudden outburst. "You guys are all out of you're freaking minds! I don't know how you did that eye thing, and I don't care. I'm walking out of the door right now. If any of you try to stop me, I swear to God I'm gonna-" he stopped, falling to the ground yelling. He grabbed his ears. Luna looked down at him, her eyes wide.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked.

Luna gulped. "Liam?"

"You don't hear that?" Liam questioned, his voice raspy. Luna peeked out of the window, seeing headlights approaching in the dark. Voices and the sound of car horns echoed throughout the night.

Lydia looked at Liam, her eyebrows furrowed. "Did you tell someone about this?"

"My friend Mason," Liam said. The night couldn't have been going downhill at a faster pace.

"Why?" Luna asked.

Liam looked at her. "You said it was a party."

"Why did Mason invite?" Stiles quizzed.

Kira looked out of the window, soon turning back to Stiles. "Everyone." Losing control, Liam began clawing at the ground.

"The floors!" Lydia shrieked. "Get him off of the floors!" Liam roared.

"We need to get him to the boathouse! Now!" Scott yelled.

~~

Liam began snarling and trying to attack Luna, Scott and Kira as soon as they reached the boathouse. While Scott and Luna struggled with him, Kira grabbed a paddle, hitting the boy upside the head. Liam collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

Kira's eyes widened. "Oh, God. I didn't kill him, did I?"

Luna shook her head. "No. He's out cold. I just hope that Stiles is having better luck."

~~

"He looks so young," Kira commented as the three of them watched Liam peacefully sleeping. As much as Luna didn't like the fact that they had to chain him up, she couldn't do much about it.

"He is. He's only fifteen," Scott stated.

Luna sighed. "Still older than me." She looked back at Liam. Suddenly, his eyes opened, and he began roaring. As the boy pulled at the chains, Luna was almost sure that he would break them. The three of them shot to their feet.

"Luna, you might want to back away," Scott suggested, as Luna had been standing the closest to Liam. She shook her head.

"I got it," she replied. She turned to Liam. "Hey, Liam, it's me, okay? It's just Luna. Calm down." She reached forward to grab his arm. The second her skin touched his, his eyes faded back to the beautiful blue shade they were. His fangs and claws disappeared, and he stopped pulling at the chains.

Scott watched the two closely. He nodded, proud of how Luna had handled the situation. The girl looked back at the older boy, and he smiled. "You're his anchor."