Chapter 43 ~ Shots

After making the stupid mistake of taunting the Skin-walker, Luna had ended up in the hospital. She was in a room away from the other patients since Melissa wanted her there. Luna also hadn't healed after being injured by the Skin-walker, and so she had needed medical attention. Scott stood by her feet, his hands resting on the bed, Stiles by his little sisters side, Liam standing by the end of the bed.

Melissa flicked at the syringe, moving the liquid around that she needed. The liquid would allow Luna's body to heal again. Liam looked at the needle, his mind wandering away from him. His vision began growing blurry the longer he stared at the needle. He fell backwards, fainting, grabbing everyone's attention. Scott quickly helped the boy back up, Melissa the least bit amused. Luna shook at the needle inched towards her skin, making it harder for Melissa to inject it.

"Hey, trypanophobia boy, get over here and hold her hand, would you?" Melissa demanded. Liam glanced around at the others, gulping before walking over to Luna. He grabbed her hand in his, crouching down next to her, looking away as Melissa brought the needle closer and closer to Luna's arm. Finally, she injected it, the sharp pinch causing Luna to wince in pain. "Done. The cuts should start healing in the next hour."

"Why do you think they weren't healing?" Stiles asked, standing up straight and furrowing his eyebrows. Luna sat up, allowing Liam to side by her side, their fingers still intertwined.

Melissa shrugged. "You're the researcher here. If I were to guess, I would say it's something with at least just that creatures claws. Something about them is counteracting with the healing ability. Keep a close eye out for each other." She turned to Luna and Liam. "Especially you two." Luna nodded, Liam rubbing Luna's knuckles with the pad of his thumb.

~~

Months had passed. The end of the year had come to an end, meaning that Stiles, Lydia, Malia, Kira and Scott were all leaving. As much as she didn't want to be, Luna was now the new Alpha of Beacon Hills. She, Liam, Mason and the rest of their new little pack were going to have to figure out what the hell was up with the Skin Walkers, as they were still around.

Luna couldn't believe the day had come. The day that Stiles was going to be leaving to go to college. With her dad still in the coma, she knew that the only places she really had to stay were Derek's and Liam's. She wanted to stay with Stiles. To have her big brother around. To have Star Wars marathons and stupid joke competitions. She knew that with him in D.C., everything was going to be different. She would have to hold the crown for the Stilinski family, the crown that they had jokingly earned for being so sarcastic.

Liam, Mason, Scott, Stiles and Luna all stood around the Jeep talking. Liam stood with his arm resting on the backseat of Stiles' Jeep since the trunk was open. Mason stood next to Liam, his elbow resting on the boys shoulder, Luna standing to the side with her arms crossed over her chest. Stiles went into the trunk of the Jeep, grabbing his baseball bat and looking at Liam. "Think you're gonna need this."

Mason furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at the bat. "Oh, I don't play baseball."

"Right, neither do I. That's not the point," Stiles said. He pressed the end of the bat against Mason's chest.

"Okay, thanks," Mason said awkwardly, taking the bat. Luna struggled to stifle her laughter as she looked at the bat. She and Stiles would always play baseball with it when they were little, even though back then they both sucked.

"The most important thing that you can remember is that Mason is always gonna be the one who's there to save your ass all the time," Stiles continued, pointing at Liam and Mason.

Scott looked at Stiles. "Not all the time."

"Most of the time, though," Stiles smirked. He then turned to his sister, putting her hand out and setting the keys to his Jeep and multiple other keys. "There's a key to the house, a key to your room, a key to the loft, the master key to the school, animal clinic, key to the sheriff's station. . . Just figured you should have all of the copies I secretly made, so. . . Also, the Jeep is all fixed up, so Rosco shouldn't be breaking down on you."

Luna was struggling to hold in her tears. "Are you serious? I-I mean, don't you need the Jeep?"

Stiles shook his head. "It's okay. Lydia's gonna drive me down to DC. She wants to help me move into my dorm, so. You know she's starting at MTI as a Junior? How do you even do that?" He then looked to Scott. "I guess the real question here is: how'd you get into UC Davis?"

"How'd you get into George Washington?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know. Uh, your dad. The uh, FBI pops made a call to the little pre-FBI program," Stiles explained.

Scott looked down. "Pre-FBI. I guess we're not the same kids running around the woods looking for a body."

"No, we're not," Stiles agreed. He glanced down at his phone, sighing and looking to his sister. "My flight's gonna be leaving soon. Mind giving me a ride to the airport in your new, beautiful car?" Luna nodded.

~~

When they got to the airport, Luna parked the Jeep, hopping out and helping Stiles get his bags. Before he went through the doors into the airport, he turned to her, both of them looking at each other through glossy eyes. Rather than speak, they both walked into each other's arms, Luna digging her head into his shoulder while she bit her sobs back. After about a good minute, Stiles let go, sighing.

"I'm going to miss you, Luna," Stiles said.

"I'm gonna miss you, too," Luna replied, her voice shaking. "A lot. But, I know that the college is going to be happy to have you as a student. You're going to do amazing in college."

Stiles smiled. "Thanks, sis. This'll be you in a few years." Luna nodded. "Call me when Dad wakes up, okay? Feel free to call or text me any time you need to."

"Goodbye, Stiles," Luna sniffled.

"Bye, Luna," Stiles replied, turning and walking into the airport. Luna watched him walk away before hopping back into the Jeep, sighing and driving off. Her older brother was off to D.C..