Chapter 36 ~ 56 Meters Down

A/N

This chapter is inspired by the movie 47 Meters Down! It was soooo good!

~~

Luna wasn't quite sure how, but, somehow, Kenzie had convinced the girl to get in a cage and go down into the ocean to look at sharks. Luna wasn't looking forward to it. Luckily, Derek had a boating license, so he, Luna, Kenzie, Liam, Damian and Peter were going to be going on the boat.

Luna got into her scuba gear, getting her oxygen tank and mask on. She and Kenzie walked to where the cage was set up, Luna exhaling a shaky breath. She could feel her legs shaking under her. Derek and Peter had experience with these sorts of things, and as much as Luna wanted to ask where they had gotten the experience, she decided not to.

"You need to slow your breathing down," Peter warned Luna. The girl nodded, trying her best to think happy thoughts and not have an anxiety attack. He and Derek shared a glance, and they both looked back at the girls. "When your air gets to a hundred pressure, tell me. When it hits fifty, I have to pull you out. You're only going to be twenty meters down, so we'll easily be able to pull you two back up."

"Okay," Luna nodded, her voice shaking. Kenzie smiled, standing next to the girl, patting her back.

"You ready?" she asked.

Luna exhaled a shaky breath. "As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose." Liam came up next to the girl, putting one hand on her waist and the other on her cheek.

"Be careful," he said. Luna nodded, offering her obviously worried boyfriend a small smile. She was scared, but she didn't want him to worry more and more every second they were down there.

"I will be," Luna replied, pecking his lips. Liam smiled, watching as the girl slowly stepped onto the top of the cage. She held onto the chain that connected the cage to the wench, her legs and arms shaking. She stepped to the side of the door, Kenzie stepping onto the opposite side.

The two girls got into the cage, now under the water. They felt the rope slowly lowering them further and further into the water, further into the home of the great white sharks. Luna was always up for a good thrill, but her gut was telling her that this was not a good thrill to experience. She felt as if she might throw up.

"Hey," Kenzie started, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder. Luna looked up at her best friend. "It's going to be okay, seriously. Lighten up a bit! You're not going to want to get out when the sharks start coming." Luna nodded. She trusted the girl with her life, but now, she felt as if her life was on the edge. She didn't like being under the water, even though her air pressure had only gone down to one hundred and ninety-five.

A great white shark, about thirty feet long, came swimming by the cage. Luna looked at its massive head and body, her eyes widening slightly. "Whoa. . ."

"Cool, huh?" Kenzie questioned, a big smile on her face. Luna smiled at her friend, looking back, seeing another shark swimming by the cage. Suddenly, the cage shifted down, causing Luna's anxiety level to spike back up. Kenzie noticed her friend's worry. "Don't worry, it was just the cage shifting."

"Guys," Luna said through the radio that was inside of her mask. "Guys, the cage shifted."

"It was just the wrench," Derek replied through the radio.

Luna gulped. "I-I want to get out of here."

"Pulling you up now," Derek announced.

Kenzie looked over at her friend, slightly annoyed at the fact that she was freaking out over nothing. "C'mon, Luna. Seriously? The cage is fine."