Chapter 21 ~ Parties

Luna had decided to wear a white tank top with pineapples, denim skinny jeans, and her jet black Converse. Luna walked through Damian's backyard, lights flashing and music pounding in her ears. Teens stood around, chugging down beers like they were nothing. Luna cringled her nose, sneaking through the crowd and sighing in relief when she saw Liam. He wore a black hoodie, denim jeans, sneakers, and a black snapback backwards.

"Hey," Liam smiled as she approached, taking her smaller hand in his and intertwining their fingers. Luna smiled, already shivering as the night air hit her. "Did you purposely wear a tanktop so you would be cold and I would give you my sweatshirt."

Luna scoffed. "No," she said, her tone and expression making it obvious that she was lying. Liam chuckled, shaking his head. He took his hat off, taking off his black hoodie to reveal his grey t-shirt. He handed his hoodie to Luna, who took it, putting the warm hoodie that smelt of Liam's 'Old Spice: Amber' cologne, a smell that Luna loved. Liam put his hat back on, putting his arm around her shoulder. Luna turned, side-hugging him, the side of her head resting on his collar bone and her hand resting on his chest.

"Look who it is!" Damian cheered, his words slurred. He reeked of alcohol, walking over with a beer clenched in his hand. "You guys want a drink?"

"No thanks, I'm good," Luna said, mostly since she and Liam couldn't get drunk even if they wanted to.

Damian scoffed. "So responsible. I'm surprised you were irresponsible enough to get out of the house. You came to a party. What a rebel."

"Well, Damian, not everyone dreams of partying every weekend," Liam stated. Damian looked at the boy as if he was crazy.

"Why even live?" he scoffed, turning and walking off to his drunk friends. Luna just shook her head, looking up at Liam's face. Liam looked back down at her, smiling, standing still while Luna reached up and kissed the corner of his mouth. "Attention everyone! Those of you staying the night, we have to go in the barn. Damn neighbors." Luna watched as some sober, some drunk teens walked off, leaving about ten of them who were staying, including Hayden, Luna and Liam.

By the time Luna and Liam got to the barn, there were no chairs left. Liam sat in the last chair, Luna looking around awkwardly. Liam just grabbed Luna by the waist, pulling her down onto his lip so she didn't have to sit on the floor. Luna turned so the was sideways over Liam's lap, her legs dangling off the side of his legs, her arms around his neck and forehead resting in the crook of his neck, Liam's arm around her torso to secure her back.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Hayden asked, crossing her arms over her chest while she sat on the couch, taking up most of it for herself. Luna eyed the girl angrily. She slid her hand down to Liam's upper back, tracing his muscles through his t-shirt since it was a way for her to fidget and control her anxiety and anger. Hayden glanced over at the two, glaring in anger at Luna.

Damian shrugged. "We could be clichè and play Truth or Dare, or beer pong, or maybe just one of those party games."

"I vote we sleep," Luna mumbled, snuggling her face into Liam's neck. Damian shook his head at the girl.

"Nah, man," he replied. "We're at a party. We've got to party it up, not lay around and sleep. That's not why we're here."

Everyone was passed out within the next twenty minutes.

~~

Luna woke up in the middle of the night to the barn door blowing around in the wind, hitting the building loudly. Pouring rain was hitting the ground outside, thunder booming and lightning illuminating the night sky. Curious as to why the barn door was open, Luna got up out of Liam's lap, glancing around. Everyone was there passed out. Everyone except for Hayden. Was it possible that she had woken up and just left? Or did something much more dark happen?

"Is everything okay?" Liam asked, his body walking him up when Luna was no longer in his arms, something that happened in result of him being so protective.

"Yeah, the storm just woke me up, I guess," Luna whispered, yawning and rubbing her tired eyes. She took a second glance around the room. Indeed, Hayden was no where to be seen. Not really caring about the girl, Luna shrugged it off, crawling back into Liam's lap. She rested her tired head on his shoulder, her eyes closing, her body falling asleep within minutes.