Chapter 15 ~ Telling Mason

Scott walked up to the Jeep window. "It was the bridge where his sister died, wasn't it?"

"Yes, it was," Stiles replied. "Very embarrassing. So we are gonna leave now." The engine sputtered, then stopped. Liam and Luna glanced at each other. "Son of a. . . Liam, just do me a favor, get in the car and turn the ignition when I say."

Liam walked to the car, climbing into the drivers seat while Luna got in the passengers.

"Stiles?" she heard Scott start.

"Be with you in a sec," Stiles replied. "Try it," he said to Liam. Liam turned the key, but the engine sputtered again.

"Stiles," Scott demanded.

"Yes. Okay, we followed him out here."

Luna stuck her head out of the drivers side window, climbing over Liam. "He dragged me into it."

Stiles sighed. "What do you want me to say? That I'm a stalker, huh? That I'm crazy?"

"Totally paranoid?" Luna chirped.

Stiles turned to Scott. "None of this is new information," he said, glancing to Luna. He then turned his attention back to his engine.

"Now you're gonna try to at least give him the benefit of the doubt?"

Stiles turned back to Scott. "I give people the benefit of the doubt. I've give a lot of benefit to a lot of people."

They went silent for a few seconds. "Like Derek?" Scott asked. "Kira? Liam?"

"I was right about Peter. Try it again." Liam turned the key again, and unfortunately, the engine sputtered and stopped. Luna sighed and moved back into the passenger seat. "You know, I bet you still think that there's something about him that can be saved."

"Maybe."

Stiles exhaled and hit the Jeep, messing with the engine again. "Try it again," he ordered, his voice more angry than before. Liam turned the key and the engine sputtered. Then stopped.

"Why can't you trust anyone?" Scott asked. Luna sighed and moved in her seat, resting her head on Liam's shoulder.

"Because you trust everyone!" Stiles yelled, causing Luna to startle and sit back up. Stiles screamed in anger and hit the engine. Liam straightened his back. Luna got out of the Jeep, seeing her brother on the edge of breaking.

"Are you okay?" she asked, worried.

Stiles glanced at her. "I'm fine."

"You could've broken it," Scott replied.

"It's not broken."

"Let me see it."

"I'm fine."

"Let me see it." Stiles' hand was shaking. Luna gulped and took a step back. Scott grabbed Stiles hand gently, healing it. Stiles moved his fingers around.

He looked back at Scott silently, and Luna turned and got back into the passenger seat. Liam turned the key, and the engine started.

~~

Stiles dropped Liam and Luna off at the school and Luna jogged after Liam.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late," Liam said when they found Mason.

Mason shook his head. "Oh, no, you're not late. You missed it. I worked out. For two hours."

"Yeah, I know. I forgot. And I'm gonna tell you why. Actually, I'm gonna tell you a lot of things. A lot of hard to believe things."

"Really hard to believe," Luna added.

Mason's eyes widened and Luna noticed him staring behind them. "There's a wolf."

"Yeah, I'm getting to that," Liam continued. Luna gulped.

"No. There's a wolf right behind you," Mason stated. Slowly, Liam turned his head. Indeed, there was a black wolf. And it was approaching.

Luna nodded. "That's a wolf," she said. The wolf began growling, and Liam pushed Luna so she was on the other side of him.

The three then ran into the school, the wolf right behind them. Liam kept Luna's hand in his, making sure she kept up with him and Mason. They turned a corner, until Liam stopped, his breathing heavy. Mason continued up the stairs while Luna stood by Liam. Liam shoved her away before turning back to the wolf, roaring while his claws came out, eyes turned yellow, and werewolf form took over.

Luna slid on the ground while she tried to stop herself and looked up, her eyes wide. The wolf stopped, beginning to calm down, while Luna watched from the ground. The wolf then turned, trotting out of the school. Liam turned back to normal and turned around, looking at Mason, who had come back. Luna stood and watched Mason, waiting for his reaction.

"There's something I gotta tell you," Liam said.

Mason stood, his breathing heavy. "You're a werewolf," he stated.

"Uh, I am too," Luna chirped, waiting for Mason to look at her before having her eyes flash yellow. Mason nodded and smiled, not even seeming the least bit mad.