Chapter 32 ~ Temporary Home

Luna lay sleepless, shivering cold in her bed. Derek must have kept the thermostat under fifty degrees. She sighed sharply, crossing her arms over her small chest as she stood, sneaking silently down the hall. She smiled proudly when she saw the thermostat, reaching out to adjust the temperature. The hall light flickered on suddenly, causing the girl to stumble back. She turned, seeing Derek looking at her angrily, his arms crossed over his chest. She staggered back yet again at the sight of him.

"Don't touch my thermostat," he growled through gritted teeth.

Luna sighed. "But I'm col-"

"Don't touch it," Derek repeated.

"But-"

He interuppted her yet again. "Go to bed. Now." Luna sighed and nodded. They both turned to walk back to their rooms. Luna turned to walk back to the thermostat, seeing Derek peering his head around the corner. She gulped, turning and skipping up the stairs. She sat down on her bed, sending Liam a text before looking out at the full moon. She could feel her hormones going crazy as a result of being a werewolf during a full moon.

Liam got there soon, crawling in silently through the window Luna had left open for him. She had locked the doors, slowing Derek down from kicking Liam out of his loft if he had somehow heard them. Liam noticed how cold she was. The girl stood, throwing herself into his warms arms, taking in the scent of his cologne as she did so.

The two let go, looking into each other's eyes. Luna put one hand on either side of Liam's neck, resting her forehead against his. Both of them closed their eyes. Liam moved his lips closer to hers, his lips slowly closing over hers, his tongue slipping into her mouth as he did so. His fangs nipped her bottom lip slightly, something that she had somehow began to get used to.

The boy pushed her back onto the bed, Luna's heads resting on the pillows. Liam climbed on top of her, hovering slightly over, his chest pressed against hers. Luna smiled through the kiss, her fingers tangling through his hair, pulling his face closer to hers. Liam smiled, letting go of the kiss, smothering her face in kisses before he began to kiss up and down her soft neck.

Hearing movement downstairs, Luna gently pushed Liam away, perking her head up slightly. She gulped, looking back at Liam, who looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Doing this here and now might not be the best idea."

"Why not?" Liam asked, having no idea about Derek's rule.

Luna sighed quietly. "It's just part of a rule that Derek has and if he comes in, we're both dead." Liam looked at the door, then looked back at the girl, who had a fearful look on her face. He sighed and nodded, moving over to the side of her, now sitting up. Luna sat up, resting her hand on Liam's chest, leaning forward and pecking his lips gently. Liam smiled at her as she let go. "Thanks for coming over anyways."

Liam smiled. "If you say you need me, I'm going to be here."

"And I love you for that," Luna stated. Liam smiled, leaning forward and connecting their lips again.

~~

A/N:
Short chapter to lead into one of the most intense ones yet!