Chapter Seven

Peyton's Point Of View

When I woke up, I was confused. Who was arguing? My parents rarely argued, and never raised their voices.

Why did my head ache and my breath taste disgustingly foul? And then when I opened my eyes: Where the fuck am I?

"Kelly, calm down. It's really not what you're thinking."

"Really, Seth? So I didn't come into your room to wake you up and find some girl passed out in your bed? Mom and dad give us lots of space, but you're being irresponsible. She could get pregnant. Are you ready to be a parent?"

I recognize the voices as Seth and his little sister, and I listen as Seth sighs.

"She's not going to get pregnant," he assures her.

I stumble over to the door and open it, my head spinning.

"I would never have sex with him," I defend myself sleepily.

Kelly gasps, "Peyton?" Then she almost knocks me over in a tight hug. "I missed you so much!"

I almost start crying, but of course I don't. I had missed Kelly too. I remember curling her hair for her little eighth grade dance, and giving her advice about her boyfriend Justin.

"I missed you, too," I tell her, honestly.

"I started scrap booking. Do you want to see?"

"Can I look later? I need to talk to Seth for a little," I say apologetically. I needed to know how fucked up I was last night.

The fact that I had gotten drunk last night was crushing. How had I been so stupid? Had I been drinking just because Tanner had? What if Seth hadn't of helped me?

Kelly nods and returns to her room, and I go back and sit cross-legged on Seth's bed.

"How did I get in these clothes?" I look down at the oversized t-shirt and sweatpants. "Please tell me you didn't-"

He gives me a disgusted look, "Of course not, I'm not a damn pervert. You changed before you fell asleep."

I breathe out in relief and ask the next most important question, "Where did you sleep?"

"Don't worry, I slept on the floor, princess." That's when I feel kind of bad for thinking that he dragged me here and took advantage of me. He had let me borrow his clothes and sleep in his bed.

"Thank you," I whisper. "Was I awful?"

He shakes his head, "Not really." I had a feeling it was worse than he made it out to be. "How was your first date?"

I groan, "As if I remember it. I have a question. If I go on twenty dates with the same person, do they all count?"

He nods, "Yeah, of course. They're still dates."

"Thanks again," I tell him. "If you ever need anything..." I let the thought trail off.

"Actually, if you could stick around today that'd be great. I've got nothing to and I'll be bored as fuck."

"Okay," I agree, deciding it was the least I could do.

* * * * *

After stopping by my house to brush my teeth and grab the things Seth told me to grab, we were on our way. Judging by the way I needed a swim suit I'd guess the beach.

Soon, I was proved right. I hopped out of his truck. "Where to now?"

He gestured out towards our left, so I followed him there. The beach was tiny and part of a park, and almost completely deserted. An old couple was on the opposite end.

I helped set out the towel, and Seth ran into the water. I sat cross-legged on the towel, keeping on my sundress.

"Come in," he urges.

I hesitate, "I don't really like to swim."

He shoots me a look, "You love to swim, Pey."

Honestly, being in a bikini in front of him is too similar to being in a bra and underwear. He's seen so many girls in their bra and underwear, he'd probably laugh at me.

"Get in the water or I'll throw you in," he threatens. I sigh and reluctantly slip out of the dumb sundress and go into the water.

I grin, "Hey it's actually warm." He stares at me for longer than I would've liked, but thankfully he doesn't say anything.

He submerges himself beneath the salty waves and the rises back up, beads of water coating his hair. "Come on, there's a sand bar out here."

I follow beside him, "Do you come here a lot?"

"Not really, sometimes in the summer Kelly has me take her here," he says.

"So, I believe I'm currently winning the bet," I change the subject.

"How do you figure that?" He smirks, like always.

"Well, I've been on a date and you haven't even approached a girl who's supposed to fall in love with you," I say.

He frowns, "I guess I should get on that."

I grin, "Nah, you'd still lose."

Then he dissapears under the water. "Stop, Seth this isn't funny." Then a hand grabs my ankle and pulls me under. I thrash around and struggle back up.

I splash him in the face, "You're such an ass!"

He splashes me back, smirking. Then we keep pushing waves of water at each other, and I start giggling.

Then he stops, "You're so much prettier when you smile."

I guess I should say thank you, but I just splash him again. "Shut up."