Chapter Six

Seth's Point Of View

"Edgar! You made it, man." EJ hands his cousin a beer.

"Yeah, Brianna is here somewhere. She went to the bathroom with her friend."

"Which friend?" I didn't really feel bad for interrupting. You can barely hear anything anyway over the blasting music.

The party had been going on since 11 and now it was late into the night.

EJ and I stood here watching girls and he would drink every time he heard anyone say, "Oh my god" so he was pretty fucking trashed.

I had decided not to drink tonight because someone had to make sure no one robbed his house, which was unlikely but whatever.

"Peyton," Edgar answers.

EJ grins, "That's the hot brunette girl right?"

"She's here with a guy," Edgar warns him.

EJ just grins, "So?"

I decide to walk around and see if I can find Peyton anywhere. In the backyard there are groups of people standing around talking, but they aren't her.

I slide back inside and head down the back hallway.

"Seth, hey!" I turn around to see Logan standing there.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing other than Kate being a psycho bitch," he complains. Kate is his girlfriend of three years, and their relationship literally hurts my brain to think about.

I have no idea how or why they are still together.

"Oh, have you seen hot brunette girl?"

"Yeah, she's in the living room. I saw her like ten minutes ago," he says.

I hear Kate call his name and he rolls his eyes and stalks away.

In the living room it takes me a few minutes to find Peyton, because she looks nothing like herself.

Her hair is in perfect brown ringlets and her eyes are coated with silvery eye shadow. Plus, she's dancing with a whole group of people.

I walk straight up to her, "Peyton?"

"Seeeth," she grins. "Whaat are you doing heeere?"

Aw fuck. "Are you drunk, Pey?"

"Come dance!" She grabs my hand and pulls me in to the group of people. She looked ridiculously cute dancing awfully, and it would have made me smile if she wasn't so drunk.

"Let's get you out of here," I suggest. The whole thing was so wrong. Peyton doesn't get drunk and act like an idiot, she was so much smarter than that.

Besides, I know Peyton and I aren't really friends at all anymore, but I still kind of cared what happens to her.

"No! You're not being any fuuun," she whines.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way," I tell her. This time she opts for the easy way and follows me out the front door, glaring the whole time.

I send EJ a text before we start driving telling him I had to go.

Peyton starts switching the radio station and when she settles on one she screams, "All I really need to understand is when you talk dirty to me!"

I turn the music all the way down, "That's enough of that." So she sits silently for a little and watches me as I drive.

"Where are we going?"

"My house," I answer.

"Noooo. I don't want Kelly to see me like this," she whines.

"And you'd rather your mom and dad see you?" That shuts her up. I drive in the dark for miles.

As we turn in to my neighborhood I glance over and she is curled up in her seat, looking pathetic. The whole thing is so wrong.

"Besides, Kelly's not a little kid anymore. She's fifteen now," I try to comfort her

She looks at me with sad eyes, "Fifteen? How did she get so old? She was just a little girl," She sighs.

I force a smile and repeat her words from the mall, "Well you weren't there, so that makes sense."