Chapter 50

In the morning we headed off once more. Elyan was following on my horse behind me. We soon neared a cliff and below it was a forest. I looked up from the forest and saw A dark tower looming in the distance. The only way to it was through the forest 

"The Dark Tower," Arthur said finally, I nodded, "How do we get to it?" Merlin asked

"We have to go through the forest."I finally said, "The Impenetrable Forest."  Arthur added, My eyes were filled with concern. 

"But it's..." Merlin said voicing his concern,

"Impenetrable." I nodded, as I and Gwaine spoke at the same time. "We can get through it, Merlin," I said knowing that we can get through it using magic if needed. I gestured my horse to follow Arthur. It was quite some time before we entered the forest. The Knights used their swords to clear a path through the vegetation. I followed close behind Gwaine who suddenly stopped swinging his sword around frantically at the vegetation. I stopped and stared at him before he said "Keep going," We all nodded and kept walking. I walked closer to Merlin, He looked over at me and said: "I still don't think you should've come along." I let out a sigh and said: "Merlin Gwen is like my sister, of course, I came along." I slipped my hand into his and he clutched it. As we continued through the forest climbing through the overgrown Vegetation. It wasn't soon after when Percival's sword snapped in two. He just dropped it and said, "Blunt anyway."  Merlin instantly gave him a new one. Arthur's voice called out to us saying "Don't stop"  No one spoke up or moved until Percival said, "We've lost the path!"

"Then we'll keep heading north!" 

"How do we know which way is north"

"The Ivy, Pale leaves face south, dark leaves face north."  We walking until we came across a perfect view of the Dark Tower which we were getting closer to. I smiled as Leon said

"We're on the right course." 
"We should reach the tower by sundown," Arthur said, "let's pick up the pace."  We continued walking for I don't know how long.  Until we reached a point where Arthur ripped a little piece of cloth off of a tree branch. He looked at the rest of us as Gwaine showed him his cloak which had a piece missing. I fell to my knees from exhaustion as I realized that we went in a completed circle. Leon who had obviously seen my exhaustion said: "Let's make camp for the night, get some rest." I  smiled gratefully at him and he returned the smile. Merlin approached me after telling Arthur that we will bring her home with a satchel of water. I took it and took some gulps to wet my now dry throat. I gave it back to him and he took some gulps as well. I laid down on the ground and closed my eyes, falling asleep. the next morning we kept walking on our journey. Until we stopped when Arthur through down his sword so it was sticking out in the ground.

"We need to find the clearing where we saw the Dollares Plains."

"We need to head north," I said joining Merlin by a tree. He told me that during the night he was visited by Queen Mab, who was the spirit of the forest telling him that the way behind is the way ahead. L eft is right and Right is left.All of the knights looked at us confused. "Please trust us, we may have to use some magic but we can get us to the tower." Arthur let out an angry sigh but nodded and we headed on our way. Merlin using his Mind's eye to see where we were headed.  We traced our steps back to where Percival had broken his sword.  I smiled when Percival picked it up and said: "you two are geniuses." 
"Trust in magic, It guides the way," I said shrugging as we continued walking. We reached the clearing that we saw the tower and Arthur clapped Merlin on the shoulder. Instead of going right we went left, this time we found the exit to the forest. This time we ran to the exit. breaking into the plains and the dark tower looming over us. I smiled and turned to the rest. "Let's keep moving." I turned back around and we started on our journey that was now looking brighter since we could see the tower. We soon got close enough to enter. The floor was littered with cloth, and Cobwebs hung from almost everything. We climbed up some stairs till Elyan went on ahead to a room that had a bunch of Flagstones. Elyan was frozen on one of them 
"Stop!" He called out, Infront of me Percival falls to his knees as an arrow punctured his leg. Another arrow came flying towards the back of Arthur's head, who was now looking at Percival but my eyes instantly lit up making it fly away, almost hitting Leon and Gwaine. I mumbled an apology to them and turned back and looked at the floor.

"Nobody move stay exactly where you are, the flagstones react to pressure," I said. they nodded and turned back to the room using various items to make the flagstones react so they could get past.  Elyan neared the door and I yelled "NO! ELYAN DO NOT MOVE! WAIT FOR US." I yelled, but he simply said "None of us would even be here if it weren't for me. I have to do this." He then disappeared into the door.

"Damn it Elyan," I said as I continued across the room with Merlin. When we got to the room, Elyan was in Gwen's arm, still,  Dead.  Arthur went forward and fell to his knees in front of him. Gwen was sobbing. I saw him die but had no power to stop it from happening. What was the point of my visions if I couldn't change the thing I see?

________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I will be updating this story more often because I couldn't leave this story without giving the ending I've been envisioning for a while. Look forward to more updates in the future. If you have an actor you envisoned for Eve please let me know!

-Beccalt18