Chapter 7- The Ring

***********************************

'tgbhe nbhu67u' I typed into the computer. I picked up my phone, and it slid out of my hand again. 'dfrej' ugh. I set my phone aside and continued typing my Social Studies paper on the Golden Age. I did it while thinking about Cody liking me. If he liked me. I'm still a grade younger than him. I'm 14- he's 15. I read the first paragraph over, noticing I had written- Athens was highly outnumbered by Cody and..... God. I noticed I had done things like that in almost every sentence and quickly deleted the whole paragraph and started again, focusing on my work. 'Next song, Cody Simpson's popular cover of Calvin Harris' "I Feel So Close To You!' I guess I could take a break off the essay... see why all these girls are in love with Cody. "I feel so close to you right now, it's a force field. I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal. Your love pours down on me, surround me like a waterfall. And there's no stopping us right now, I feel so close to you right now." ... Well, I can't become a fan girl. He'd be creeped out. I could just be an "Undercover Simpsonizer" like I pull off being an "Undercover Blonde". But I can't, like, keep posters of him on my wall... I see his face everyday, anyway whether I want to or not. It's like he wants to see me as opposed to me wanting to see him. I looked up from my laptop to see if Cody was in his room. Yep. It seems like whenever I'm in my bedroom, he's in his. My balcony door was open, and, of course, his was too. Could he hear that I was listening to his music? Probably not, unless he was trying to. I heard my phone buzz from somewhere underneath my covers. I searched for it, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I took my laptop off my bed and stripped it, taking off all the covers, sheets and pillows. Finally, I found it jammed between the bed frame and the mattress. I picked it up.

From: Classy Alli

Come over??? You can sleep over again. My bro wud like it ;)

To: Classy Alli

Okkkkaayyyyy let me ask ma mom. 

To: Classy Alli

She said ya! I'll be there in a little

From: Classy Alli

I'll tell Cody ;D he'll be happy

To: Classy Alli

Whatevs u say, blondie! Listened to I Feel So Close To You on radio, #inlove

From: Classy Alli

He'll be sooooo happy 2 hear that

To: Classy Alli

I'm sure that's true ':) c u soon

I grabbed a couple of things and headed over to Alli's. I guess it's just me tonight. I rang the doorbell and Alli came running down the stairs in a pink GCF sweatshirt and pink fabric shorts. She opened the door.

"Helllloooo Ms.Simpson." She smiled at me.

"I believe you are the Simpson." I said, stepping inside.

"Not unless you and my brother are married." Alli muttered as we walked up the stairs.

"Alllliii...."

"Sopppphhiiiaaa...." Alli said, mocking me. I rolled my eyes. We walked into her bedroom and we grabbed her laptop. 

"Ceramic chicken pictures?" Alli asked.

"Sounds fun." I laughed.

"With mee!!!!" Cody yelled running into Alli's room and sitting on his knees behind us as Alli set up the computer camera, us sitting on the floor next to the bed and the computer on it.