Chapter 3- A Princess And A Blonde

Cody's P.O.V

Every now and then I'd look up at Sophia from my phone. It's kind of hard NOT to take your eyes off her. Good thing she didn't leave. I didn't want to have to admit it out loud, though. Just I really didn't want her to go. "Sexy giggle." I said quietly to myself as they sat back down. Did I REALLY just say that? Something tells me Sophia is going to be playing hard to get. Yeah. I don't do well with girls who try that method. But I don't care if Sophia plays that game- she's worth it. God, start thinking Cody! You barely know this girl!!! I just met her today and barely know a thing about her. Maybe a game to get things started.

"This awkward silence is boring. Let's play a game." I said, sitting up in my seat and fastening my eyes on Sophia and Alli who both looked up from their homework.

"Any game in particular?" asked Alli, rolling her eyes at my attempt of breaking the awkward silence.

"30 questions. Get to know your little friend." I said, smirking at Sophia.

"Her little friend has a name." she said, biting her lip and standing up with Alli. Guess we're playing in the living room. Sophia and Alli sat down on either side of Buddy and Alli pulled him into her lap, while Sophia payed no attention to him and put all of her attention on me. I like that.

"Isn't it 20 questions?" she asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, there's three of us. Come on you're a smart girl." I said. She just rolled her eyes.

"Okay then, shoot for it Princess Cody." she said, cocking her head to the side and sitting with her legs folded on the couch, Buddy crawling into her lap trying to lick her. He likes new people.

"Question one- are you single?" Alli grunted at my question.

"Of course Cody. Already hitting on my new friend."

"Shut up, Alli. Sophia?" I asked in an irritated tone, looking back at Sophia.

"Yuppers. I used to have a BF, but I caught him having a make out session with my sister at a party." she sighed.

"That sucks." I said looking down a little at Buddy who had jumped down and was now begging for me to let him up on my side of the couch. Sophia is single! And I'm single! Score. I picked up Buddy and continued. "Your turn."

"Ok, so Cody. Question 2- Who is ceramic chicken?" she asked laughing a little.

"He's our best friend!!!" Alli yelled out, pointing to ceramic chicken who was rested up on the book shelf. "He follows us everywhere!" Alli went on and I just nodded. That's pretty much it. We played for an hour. I learned a lot of things about Sophia, which was just what I needed. She's single, prefers blondes over brunettes (I asked that one. Just curious), loves cookie dough ice cream, lives to surf, has a horse back in Long Island, has never been in "true love" before (obviously another one of my questions), she misses all of her best friends back in Long Island, her perfect date spot is the beach at sunset (another one of my creative questions which Alli hated), she loves Justin Timberlake and she would prefer a gentleman to a player any day (one more of my special questions). Before we knew it, Sophia had to go home because her bitchy sounding sister commanded her to. 

"Wait before I go, numbers." Sophia said, standing in the doorway, her and Alli exchanging phones. Once they handed them back to each other, she handed hers to me and totally caught me off guard. I was kind of day dreaming... well, not day dreaming just studying her every move and watching what she does. Not creepy at all.

"Oh, of course." I said, grabbing my phone out of my back pocket and handing it to her. She quickly took her phone back and was gone.

"Ahhhhh." I ran into the living room and jumped onto the couch.