Eight.

Posted: July 5, 2017

I'm so sorry for being such a shitty writer, I'm kind of in like this funk and have no motivation.

But I'm trying friends.

This is short but like I said, I'm trying.

Eight.

I walk around the grocery store with Ethan, pushing the cart around and grabbing things to put into the cart. When I have the necessities and a few other snacks and junk foods that Ethan said that he wanted. I went to check out and paid for all the food, piling them in the car and driving back to Austin's house.

I unpack all the groceries while Ethan watches a movie in the living room.

"Uh oh" Ethan whines, and I walk into the living room.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I spilled it" He holds up his cup and my heart drops at the fact that he just spilled his fruit punch all over Austin's white carpet.

I huff loudly, and run to the kitchen, grabbing as much carpet cleaner as I can. I take Ethan's cup from him and tell him to sit in the kitchen while I clean it. He walks off with his head down, and I know he probably thinks I'm angry at him.

I nearly cry in amazement at the way the juice just sits on top the carpet, rather than sinking into the fibers. I easily soak up the fruit punch and breathe out in relief, smiling slightly. I walk back into the kitchen to throw it away and kneel down in front of Ethan, who has a small pout on his face. 

"Baby" I kiss his cheek, and run my fingers through his hair "Mommy's not mad at you" I tell him. 

"Okay" He nods, his voice quiet. 

"I love you"

"I love you, Mommy" 

The rest of the week goes by smoothly, and uneventfully. Austin called often, but not all the time, and I made it without Austin finding out about Ethan. 

Now, Ethan is back home, while I sit in Austin's living room, waiting for his plane to land so I can go pick him up. When I check the time, I see his plane should be landing in about a half hour, so I walk out to his car to pick him up. 

I drive to the airport and park, waiting inside. I was right on time, as I heard the announcement of his plane landing as I walked into the airport. I sit on one of the benches and wait, my foot bouncing on the floor. 

"Hi Babe" 

I jump slightly, at Austin's voice, seeming to have zoned out "You scared me" 

"Sorry"  He chuckles. 

I stand up, and wrap my arms around his shoulders, and he pulls me closer, kissing around my face and neck "I missed you" He mumbles. 

"I missed you too" 

"How are my plants?" He asks, and I laugh. 

"They're all dead" I shrug "I'm just kidding, they're fine"

"Good, you made me worried" He sighs, and I laugh. We walk out of the airport and towards his car,  him opening the back door to put his suitcase in there. I hand him his car keys, and he takes them with a smile, opening the door for me before walking to the drivers side. 

As we start to drive, it's relatively quiet, neither of us speaking up to make conversation. 

When we get to his house, we both get out, Austin grabbing his suitcase, and following me up to of his house. He unlocks the door and lets me in, and I walk up to his room, laying down in his bed. 

"How was your trip?" I ask as he starts to unpack his suitcase. 

"It was good" He nods "I think Zach is just ready to get married already" He laughs. 

"Aw that's cute though" 

"Yeah, they've been together longer than I can even remember" 

(I'm pretty sure Tiana and Zach aren't together anymore, but she still gonna be his wifey because fuck everyone else) 

"You should meet them one day, they'd like you" He says as he zips up his empty suitcase, dropping it onto the ground, and laying beside me in his bed. 

"Well, it's hard not to like me" I tease, and he hums, kissing my neck. 

"I know" He chuckles.

"That's why you like me so much" I giggle, and he smiles, caressing my cheek. 

"That's gotta be it" He kisses my lips softly "There's no other reason, though" 

"Oh, right, of course" I roll my eyes playfully. 

The two of us fall quiet again, and Austin yawns quietly. He rolls onto his side and lays his head against my chest, his arm around my waist.

"Are you taking a nap?" 

"Yes" He nods "So hush" 

"Okay, okay" I giggle. 

Closing my eyes, I fall asleep as well.