Seven.

Lmao I'm actually in class right now

A ":::" is a pov change

This is a little short but I'm in school like I said

Seven.

"Bro! Stop checking your phone" Zach comes over, slapping my phone out of my hands. I huff and pick it back up, giving him a bored look "This is the brocation. No girls allowed. And that includes phone calls"

"You literally talked to Tiana this morning" I point out and he shrugs.

"This isn't about me. We're talking about you. If she's gonna call, she would've already" He chuckles, patting my shoulder and walking off.

What if that's true? What if she doesn't actually want to talk to me, so she's ignoring me?

What if she thinks I'm annoying?

What if she actually hates me?

"Woah, why do you look like you're about to shit yourself?" Rob asks.

"Zach just said some stuff that makes me worry" I sigh.

"Well, stop being a little bitch. We're men, not women" He chuckles, shoving me towards the door of the hotel room. We walk out together and down the hallway, meeting up with the rest of the guys downstairs to get ready for a day at the beach.

I contemplate sending Joey a text message, just to let her know that I'm still alive, but Zach yelling for all of us to hurry up blocks that.

We all pile into the van we rented and drive to the beach, all the guys singing along to the radio while I sit silent in the back.

"Dude. You two aren't even dating. Why are you so worried?" Alex asks me.

"What? We are dating" I scoff.

"Does she know that?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Have you sat her down and told her you're dating, or asked her to be your girlfriend?"

"No, I didn't think I needed to" I shrug.

"Of course you need to idiot!" He smacks the back of my head "She probably thinks you're playing her or something and that's why she's not calling" He rolls his eyes.

"Maybe she's busy..." I mumble.

She's got to know how I feel.

"Austin. She can't read your mind. She doesn't know what's going on" He tells me and before I can respond we're at the beach and climbing out of the van. We drop out stuff on the beach, everyone running towards the water.

I stay behind to set everything up, and when I'm finished I sit down on the towel and dial Joeys phone number.

"Hi, how's the trip going?" She answers happily "I didn't know what you were up to so I didn't want to call to bother you"

"I like being bothered by you" I say cheesily and she snorts.

"You're cute" She hums "But are you having fun?"

"Yeah. It's not too bad" I shrug I miss you though" I mumble quietly.

"I miss you too" She replies and I grin.

"How are my plants?" I ask.

"They're looking good, I think they like me" She teases.

"Well, that makes one of us" I laugh, and she gasps dramatically.

"Wow! And to think I was going to buy you a new plant" She fake cries.

"Woah woah woah. A new plant?" I raise an eyebrow "That might change my mind"

"Oh really?" She giggles "Then I may have to buy you all the plants"

"You're a woman after my heart"

"Austin mother fucking Carter!" I hear Zach yell and Joey laughs loudly.

"Someone's in trouble" She sing songs.

"Yeah. He looks pretty pissed" I say as I watch him walk up to me "I'll call you back later Baby"

"Okay, bye. Have fun. Don't die" She says before hanging up the phone.

"What did I say?" He asks, hands on his hips.

"You made me worry" I shrug and he looks at me in confusion.

"Why did I make you worry?"

"You made me think that she didn't like me" I frown and he kicks sand at me.

"Pussy!" He yells and stand up, brushing the sand off me "Stop being a bitch"

"I'm not being a bitch"

"You're being a bitch" He chuckles "But whatever for now, come swimming with us"

"Fine" I huff, following him towards the water.

:::

I hang up the phone with Austin and roll over onto my side, wrapping my arm around Ethan's little body. He stirs in his sleep, cuddling further into me and I smile kissing his forehead.

I climb out of bed and walk to the kitchen, pulling out pans to make some breakfast. As I rummage through his cabinets, I sigh at the lack of food he has.

You'd think he was still a struggling college student.

I decide to just make some muffins from scratch, and I'll buy him groceries later. I put the pans back and grab a muffin tray and a large bowl mixing the ingredients.

Once I'm done I put batter into the muffin cups inside the tray and put them into the oven.

While they cook, I grab a pad of paper and a pen, going through his cabinets to see what he's missing.

When I make a grocery list, I sit it by my wallet and car keys, so I don't forget it when I go grocery shopping.

I walk back upstairs and go Austins room, seeing Ethan's still asleep. I grab a towel and walk to his bathroom, turning on the water and getting undressed. I step inside and take a quick shower.

After wrapping a towel around my body and walking out of the bathroom. I change and run downstairs when I hear the stove go off and take the muffins out of the oven, burning my hand in the process.

"Bitch ass mother fucker!" I cuss, clutching my hand, tears threatening to spill.

"Mommy! Are you okay?" Ethan runs up to me, wrapping his arms around my legs.

"I'm find Baby" I kiss his forehead.

"Okay" He says, and looks at the stoves "Ooh! Muffins!" He yells, running to the stove.

"Careful" I say as he grabs a muffin.

"When you're done, we're gonna go shopping okay?"

"Okay Mommy"