One

I've seen this picture of the baby above for forever and I've always wanted to use it. Soooo cuttteee omgggg. I'm going to have this chapter with Ethan as a baby baby and then we're going to skip a couple years.

One.

"Are you sure you're okay with watching him? I can hire a babysitter" I say to Katrina, standing outside of Ethan's room "I mean, really. You and your mom have done enough for me"

"Joey, I'm alright with it" She chuckles "If I had an issue, I'd tell you" She chuckles "Now, go and get your money" She bumps her hip against mine.

"Thank you so much" I hug her tightly "I'm going to go say bye" I turn the door knob and walk into his room. I lean over his crib, seeing him smile up at me, his fingers in his mouth. I run my fingers through his hair, which is getting darker everyday, getting closer and closer to my brunette hair color. 

"Hi Bub" I grin, overdramatically and he giggles, slapping his hands against his knees. I pick him up, and kiss all over his face. He places one hand on his cheek, the other one grabbing my necklace "No pulling, Baby" I take it from his hand, and he watches it fall back against my neck, looking back up at me. 

"Mommy's going to be gone for a couple of hours, okay?" I kiss his hand "I'll be back soon, and Auntie Kat is going to watch you" 

He coos, and looks around, before he looks back at me, smiling widely. I kiss his cheeks and put him back into his crib, handing him his pacifier "Take a nap, I love you" I walk away from his bed, leaving his room. 

I walk down the steps, grabbing my keys "Need a ride, Sweetie?" Mindy, Katrina's mom, asks.

"No, I'm alright, I can walk" I shake my head.

"Nonsense Joey, let me take you" 

"Okay, thanks" I smile with a nod, and she grabs her car keys, leading me out to where her car is. She drives me to the mall, and I thank her again as I climb out, walking into the entrance. I walk to Vans, going to the back room to drop my stuff off. 

I come back out, seeing my co-worker Tyler, smile at me "Hey Hot Stuff" He winks. 

"Hey" I grin, taking my place behind the cash register. 

"How's Ethan?" He asks, and I smile.

"He's good, he's crawling now. But with crawling comes putting everything in his mouth" I roll my eyes "Yesterday I found him sucking on a nickel" 

"Oh my god" His jaw drops.

"Yeah, I know" I huff "But, he's all good" 

"He must be a handful" 

"Honestly, he's really not. He's easy to deal with and I'm so thankful for that. Having school to take care of as well is enough for me. I don't need that and an annoying baby"

"Have you heard from Ryan?" He asks, and I laugh. 

"What do you think?" I ask "I'm still blocked" I roll my eyes. 

"Well, you don't need him" He shrugs, looking towards the door as two obnoxiously loud boys come into the store "Talk to you later" He chuckles, following the boys towards the racks of shoes. I sit on the stool behind the cash register, leaning my elbows on the table. I grab the binder from behind the computer monitor to look over my schedule for the next few days, seeing the only day I have off is my birthday. 

It's a month from today, and I'm finally turning 17, a lot has changed in the past year, I got pregnant, got kicked out of my house and moved in with my best friend, I had my baby, and changed to online schooling so I don't have to pay for a babysitter everyday of the week. 

If I could change it, I think I would. I love Ethan so much, but I would've have much rather had him later in life, than right now. 

The timing just wasn't right. 

***

"Happy Birthday!" Katrina yells, jumping onto my bed, and smacking my face "You're 17!" 

"I know" I chuckle, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. 

"Well, get up, my mom has a surprise for you" She says, and I get up after her, following her to her moms room. When we get in, we sit down on her bed, and Mindy looks up at me. 

"So, this honestly may be slightly pointless now, given your age and everything, but I wanted to talk to you about something very important to me" She begins "As you know, you've been friends with Katrina since you were little, and I've enjoyed watching you grow up. I don't want you to feel obligated to do this, but if you're willing I'd be more than excited" She says, handing me a large envelope. 

I look at it in confusion before opening it, looking over the words on the paper, the only one seeming to stand out is the word 'adoption' in bold letter "W-what?" 

"Recently, I found out your mother and father had signed over their parental rights for you, and when CPS came looking for you, I said I'd be your foster mom while I got all of this situated. I don't want you to feel like you have to, but you're already part of this family at heart, so why not make it official?" She shrugs, a smile on her face. 

"You want t-to adopt me?" I ask, unable to grasp the whole situation "Why?" 

"Because, you don't deserve the things that have happened to you, and you need people who are going to love you forever" 

"Really?" I ask, and she nods "Oh my god, this is- I don't even know what this is" I say, tears beginning to roll down my face.

"We're sisters!" Katrina screams, tackling me in a hug "We've been waiting for this moment since we were four" 

"Thank you" I hug Mindy, and she rubs my back, laughing quietly.

"You don't have to thank me, at all. I'm happy to do this" She smiles. 

Before I can respond, I hear Ethan begin to cry, and I get out of bed to get him. I walk in and pick him up, kissing his forehead "Mommy's here Baby," I rock him lightly "And I'm not going anywhere"

:.:.:

Hi

I hope you liked this

I'm now getting a late start to my homework because of this

I love you all

Love,

Bad_Boy_Hemmo