Six.

This is short, and I just wanted to put a little something out

Six.

"I want you to stay at mine while I'm gone" Austin says as he tosses clothes into his suitcase. I huff, and fold his clothes as he throws them, knowing that if he doesn't they'll get all wrinkled and he won't know how to get them out so he'd just walk around with a wrinkled shirt.

"Why?" I ask, putting his clothes neatly into his suitcase.

"Because, if you stay here you'll have to sleep in my bed, and then it'd end up smelling like you" He teases, leaning over his suitcase to give me a short kiss.

"Oh hush" I giggle.

"But more seriously, I need someone to water my plants"

"But why do I have to stay here to water your plants?" I ask in confusion and he huffs.

"Joey, I just want you to stay here" He pouts, nuzzling his nose into my neck.

"Okay, okay, fine" I laugh as he relentlessly blows raspberries into my neck. I shriek as he nips at the skin of my neck, a loud laugh following after. He pulls away and kisses my lips gently, zipping up his suitcase. I frown and unzip it, putting his bag of bathroom necessities into the suitcase, then zipping it up. He looks at me and chuckles, shaking his head.

"What time is it?" He asks out loud, looking at the clock "2:18, I have ten minutes" He says "Well, technically 12, but you know what I mean" He shrugs.

"Are you excited?" I ask, laying back against his pillows and crossing my ankles. He sits on the edge of the bed and leans back, his head resting against my stomach. He nods, and smiles up at me.

"I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see everyone I went to college with that I haven't seen since graduation, or if I'm exciting for a vacation" He snorts and I laugh, absentmindedly running my fingers through his hair "I'd be more excited if you came with me, but I understand why you said no" He says, and I pout slightly at the disappointed tone.

Austin had invited me to go with him on this 'Brocation' as he called it. He's going on vacation for a week with some of his old friends, including the one that's about to get married. He asked me to go, telling me that some of the other guys are bringing the girls they're talking to, or dating, or their girlfriends, etc but Austin and I aren't there yet.

Sure we've been on dates, and stuff but we never really had the talk.

Instead of agreeing to go, I refused saying how I have school, and work as well as I didn't really think we were at the point where we should start going on vacations together. Thankfully, he understandingly agreed, and we went on with our lives.

Maybe is this happened a couple months down the road we'd be fine, but with where we are right now, I'm not too sure.

When his twelve minutes becomes five, he gets out of bed to get his shoes on, dragging his suitcase to the front door. He leaves it there and checks again for everything he needs.

"Here you go" He hands me his key ring "Now, let's go" He walks out of the door and I follow behind him, getting into the drivers seat of his car. I drive him to the airport, and we have a lengthy goodbye, one filled with sweet words and kisses. When it's time for him to board his plane, he gives me one last sweet kiss.

"I'll see you soon" He grins, nudging his nose along mine.

"Have fun"

"I will, but I'll miss you" He winks, and I laugh "Don't forget about my plants"

"I won't" I shake my head, and wave him off. Once he disappears through the crowd of people, I walk out and towards his car, that he asked me to carefully watch after while he was away, and drive home.

When I park in the driveway, I get out and walk into my front door, packing a bag for both me, and for Ethan, so we can stay at Austin's house. When I finish packing them, I put them into the trunk of Austin's car, as well as put his car seat into the back seat, and walk back inside and to Katrina's room.

"Hey" She grins "What's up?"

"Well, Austin asked me to watch his house for the next two weeks while he's on vacation so Ethan and I will be over there"

"Okay" She nods "Does he know about him yet?" She asks and I shake my head.

"I'm not really sure how to bring it up, I mean, we haven't even discussed what we are yet, so I don't want to tell him before that"

"Understandable, we'll have fun. You'll obviously still have to see me" She teases "And you can still bring Ethan here when you go to school"

"Well duh, I still live here" I laugh, she rolls her eyes playfully, and waves me off, I laugh, telling her goodbye, and walking out of her room. I wait in the living room for Katrina's mom to come back with Ethan, she had taken him out for lunch today, while I was at Austins.

"Hey, we're back" She comes in with a bright smile. 

"Hey, how was it?" I ask, leaning down and picking up Ethan, kissing his forehead.

"Good" He giggles. 

"Uh, I'm going to stay over a friends for a little while, since they're going to be away, and I'll take Ethan with me" I tell her, and she nods. 

"Okay, still going to drop him off in the mornings?" 

"Yeah, since I've still got school, but maybe one day this week, or two I'll take off school and spend the day with him" I kiss his cheek, and he smiles. 

"Sounds good" She smiles. I walk out of the house with Ethan and put him in the back seat, buckling him into his car seat. I get into the car as well, and drive to Austin's house.

"Mommy, where are we?" Ethan asks. 

"We're going to stay here for a couple days, just you and me, okay Babe?" I smile at him, and he nods "And guess what? There's a hot tub" I gasp dramatically and he grins, clapping his hands.

"Yay!"