Ten.

You know, an important question is when am I going to introduce Joey having a child to Austin... hmmm, decisions, decisions. 

Ten.

           "I'll be back to pick you up tomorrow afternoon, okay honey?" I kneel down in front of Ethan, and he nods. I lean in and kiss his cheek, hugging him tightly "I'm gonna miss you so much" 

"Miss you Mommy" He smiles. 

"I love you" I stand back up, and my dad smiles at me. 

"I love you, Mommy" 

"Alright, I'll call you tomorrow when I'm on my way to get him" I tell my dad, and he nods. 

"Okay, have fun, and be safe" He tells me, and sends me a wink, and my jaw drops. 

"How did you-?"

"Kat always has had a big mouth" He cuts me off and I roll my eyes. 

"Oh my god, I'm going to kill her" I huff, walking out to my car and turning it on. I pull out of my driveway, and start the drive to Austin's. Along the way however, I see a Starbucks, and decide to make a pit stop. 

I park, and get out, walking inside. I order a iced caramel macchiato, and tap on my chin, deciding if I want to buy Austin something. I decide to, because I'm a great person, and I get him a hot chocolate because for some reason, he'll drink hot chocolate even when it's 90 degrees outside. 

I walk back to my car and finish the drive to Austin's house. When I get there, I open the door, which I knew would be unlocked because he never locks it when I'm on my way over. I walk to the kitchen and sit down the drinks, about to call out his name. 

The word never makes it's way out of my mouth because I'm pushed against a wall, with his lips attacking mine. 

"I missed you so much" He mumbles against my lips, before giving me multiple pecks and pulling away "It's been way too long" 

"It's been like a week" 

"I know, and that's so long" He buries his face into my neck. 

"I bought you a hot chocolate" I say as I kiss his temple, and his head shoots up. 

"Oh my god, and this is why you're the best girlfriend ever to exist" He gives me a quick kiss before grabbing the hot chocolate from the counter, and bringing it to his lips. He takes a drink and sighs in content before motioning for me to follow him to the living room. We sit down on the couch, and he pulls my legs over his lap before turning on the tv. 

He opens up OnDemand on his tv, and hands me the remote to pick out a movie. As I scroll through the movies, he rubs my feet, occasionally pausing to take a drink from his hot chocolate. 

"Hey, Babe?" He says, and I look over at him with a hum "Why don't we ever go to your house? Like, I don't mind always being here, but like I wanna see where you live, like for real" He chuckles. 

"I just have a crowded house" I shrug "Well, it's not that crowded but there's always just a lot going on there, so I like coming here because it's peaceful" 

"Understandable" He nods. 

"Maybe one day we can go to mine" I say, halfheartedly. 

If he ever finds out about my son that is.

"I'm not in a rush" He shrugs, grabbing my free hand and kissing the back of it before letting go and going back to rubbing my feet. 

We watched about four movies, and ate a ton of take out before we finally decided it was time to go to bed. We stumbled up the steps, the both of us almost too tired to function. When we finally get to his room, I strip out of my clothes and lay down in his bed, and he does the same before laying next to me, pulling me into his chest. 

"So, that wedding is coming up right..?" He trails off, and I nod "And you're coming with me right?" 

"Yeah, of course" 

"Okay, cool. Just making sure" He kisses my forehead "Goodnight, Baby" 

"Goodnight, Austin" 

I wake up around 2:30 in the morning to my phone ringing. I groan and pick it up, seeing my dad's name. I climb out of bed, not worrying about waking Austin because his whole house could explode and he'd still somehow sleep through it. 

"Hello?" I say with a groggy voice. 

"Honey, Ethan had a nightmare and he won't stop crying for you" My dad says. 

"Can you put him on the phone?" I say as I walk down to the kitchen. 

"Hello?" I hear his weak voice, and my heart breaks a little.

"Hi, Baby Boy" I coo. 

"Mommy" He begins to sob and tears well up in my eyes "Mommy, come get me" 

"Honey-"

"Please" He cries hysterically, I can't say no to him when he's like this. 

"Okay, I'll be there soon" I say. I walk back upstairs and put my clothes back on, leaving a note on top of Austin's phone telling him that I had an emergency and had to leave. I walk back out to my car, a yawn escaping my mouth. 

I drive to my house and walk up the the door, using my key to unlock it. When I walk inside I hear Ethan crying, and see my dad trying to comfort him. 

"Look, mommy's here" My dad whispers to him, and Ethan looks up at me with teary eyes. 

"Mommy" His bottom lip quivers and I take him from my dad, pulling him into my chest. He cries quietly into my neck, and I rub his back while rocking him back and forth. 

"Thank you, Dad" I smile weakly towards him.

"It's not a problem, I'm sorry you had to leave early" 

"It's alright, this happens to him sometimes" I sigh, kissing Ethan's temple. 

"Well, I will call you tomorrow, goodnight" He hugs me, and then rubs Ethans back before leaving and driving back home. 

"Come on, Baby, you can sleep in my bed tonight" I carry him to my room and lay him down in my bed. I change into a pair of pajamas and lay down in bed next to him, pulling him into my chest. 

He sniffles, and I kiss his forehead "It's okay, you're safe and mommy's here" I whisper "Mommy loves you" I say quietly, kissing his forehead one last time, while lulling him to sleep.