Chapter 35

Okaii, well I know I said firestar never died, but he did. XD im so confusing..

----------------------------------------------------

Ash's P.O.V.

I woke up in a memory. One of the worst memories I've had yet. 

It was two days after we were born, I had just opened my eyes. Froya and Sorrel were suckling. All those two had done was mewl and talk. They had opened their eyes a bit before me, maybe last night. I say that because thats when they started talking, asking questions. I didn't remember what they asked but that was the reason I didn't ask anything. 
As I looked around, my eyes focused in on the cave. The nest was smaller then, Sunshine, Crow and Raven no where to be seen. 
I tried to push my way through, my stomach beginning to growl. I felt a shove from Froya and I was forced back. I grunted and tried to get my way through. I only got a bit when Mini pushed me away. I mewled in frustration but she wouldn't let me come over. 
"Ash." Mini growled, "Froya and Sorrel need to be fed, too." I protested in bewilderment. "What? I barely got to have anything!" I squealed. "You be quite, Ash. Stop complaining." She hissed, pushing me down. 'What did I do? Why can't I eat?' 
"Mini, I'm hungry, let me eat! Please!" I begged. I hadn't eaten since yesterday night. Mini growled, eyes to a slit. "What did I say. Why can't you just listen?" I slouched down and sat there. 'What's the point?' 
"All you do is argue. Why can't you just stop talking?" Mini hissed, pushing my face so I fell to the ground, out of the nest. 
"What did I ever do to you?" I whispered to myself. I didn't bother with trying to get back into the nest. 
Rubbing my jaw, I curled up in an empty, tough nest. It took longer then it should've to fall asleep. 
I guess I wasn't used to being alone then.

-----------------------

Storm's P.O.V.

I padded out of the medicine den, fully aware of the looks everyone was giving me. I felt a lot more paranoid because the cobweb Leaf had applied to my jaw had to be placed on my entire left side of my face, covering my eye. I looked around the camp to find almost everyone looking. 
I swallowed, taking slow strides toward the fresh-kill pile, only to find myself heading to Venom's den - which was also where they put the fresh-kill. 
I sat under the shadow of his den and Put my chin carefully on my paws. A dull pain shot through my body and was sent to my brain as soon as my chin touched my paw. Instinct made my head shoot back up and I was forced to keep my head up.
Fox, Snow and Dagger padded over. I sat up, fighting the urge to greet them. 
'Leaf had told me when I woke up not to open my mouth what-so-ever. That means I can't eat, talk or participate in battles. Not until my jaw heals a bit more. All I'm wondering is, How am I supposed survive now? I am weak as is, and I can't eat!'
"How are you, Storm?" Snow mewed, sitting in front of me. I shrugged. "I don't think she can talk right now," Fox meowed. "I can see that, Fox." Dagger growled, glaring at him. Fox held the stare and didn't flinch.
"How do you feel? You look great today!" Snow purred, covering for my brother and Fox. 'Why is Fox here?' I wondered, sizing the orange cat up and down. Snow seemed to be loosing some weight, not much but enough to notice. 'I wonder how that's working out for her?'
I realized he was looking at me, smirking. Something was sparking in his eyes - triumph maybe? I fought the urge to growl. 
Dagger and Snow pelted me with questions and I either nodded or shook my head, sometimes shrugging. Eventually the two decided to leave me alone but Fox didn't leave with them. 
"You know its only scars, right?" I looked to my paws as Fox spoke. I clawed at a feather and Fox sat beside me, his tail tip running up and down my spine. "Don't worry, Storm," He murmured and I looked up at him.
"You're going to be okay. Your scars don't matter, they tell a story of what you've been through and that you survived. That dog seemed to be viscous and mean by the looks of how much cobweb you have." Fox meowed, "You just wait, once you get to have those cobwebs off and once your jaw has healed, you won't be any less beautiful. Trust me." 
I just studied his broad face, how the scars on his muzzle and ears were hidden behind his dark yet bright blue eyes. 'Will my eyes show more then my scars?'
Fox snorted, looking away. 'What was so funny? Did I amuse him? Could he hear my thoughts?'
"Well, Thorn wants me to come on patrol, bye, Storm." Fox whispered to me, giving me a warm smile. I looked into his eyes but he gave nothing away. There had to be something that he was hiding. 
'Am I being tricked? I can't be. He's so nice, cute and strong. He made me feel whole again.' But as he padded away, his warmth and words left with him. He was gone and so was the other side of me.