Chapter 24

Venom's P.O.V.

Midnight's patrol was taking forever to come back. I started to worry that WindClan had started a fight, taking this nice day as an advantage. I paced around the camp, thinking through the idea of attacking early. They already didn't trust us, so who cares, right? But was it worth it, was the real question. We weren't exactly the healthiest yet. But maybe the sun was a sign that it was time to attack... I shook my wad to clear my thoughts; Leaf would know what to do.

I padded across the camp and peeked into the medicine den. Strike was there and Leaf was snoozing away. I sighed and padded in. I realized that Strike hadn't grown since the last moon, which was weird. Maybe he was going to be like Mini and Fawn. "Do you think we should attack WindClan before the weather goes bad again?" I asked, looking at him serious when he turned around. He narrowed his eyes and we stood in silence for a few heartbeats.

"What do you mean?" He prompted, finally, "You're going to take advantage of the weather to attack an enemy? Maybe we should just try to make peace, they don't seem all that bad," he shrugged and turned away, sorting out herbs. My eyes turned to slits and I almost ripped his ears off. "What? Not all that bad?" I echoed, feeling my fur fluff up on my shoulders and haunches. "They have taken our territory and refused to give it back because of what 'StarClan' said! They have stolen our prey, taken more territory later on and then attacked our ancestors because we 'stole their prey'. It was ours to begin with!" I growled, refusing to let my claws slide out. Strike just sighed and looked away, "I'm just saying, Venom, they feel threatened. They won't stop until we stop." I let out a mrrow of amusement and looked away, "Too funny Strike. You can't actually believe that, can you? This is mouse-brained. We are attacking tonight before the weather gets bad." I announced, putting my paw down harshly and stalking out of the den.

I realized, then, that everyone was listening to us, ears pricked in curiosity and some frozen to the spot. I flicked my ear. Heading toward my den, I hopped up and stood on it. Without having to announce them to come, the warriors sat down in front of the den - silent.

"Tonight, we will attack WindClan. They think they can threaten us, well no more! We will sneak into their camp and attack their queens and leader. They will be frozen in terror and lie bloody and in mercy at our paws." I announced, watching the faces of many below me change into uncertainty and excitement. "WindClan will no longer think we are weak! We will not retreat until we have the blood of our enemies soaking our territory. We attack at midnight, so be ready. Midnight, take every apprentice for battle training and if anyone complains or fails, make them run 10 laps around the training center. Kink, Thorn, take all the warriors and make them fight until they drop in the maze of boulders." I explained and Midnight, Kink and Thorn nodded. Thorn seemed tired and off course. "Thorn! Snap out of it! Mystery died of an unknown cause and you must get over it! A war is coming and you must be prepared or they will not hesitate to kill you! I got over my kit and mates death, now it's your turn." He looked up and nodded, his eyes becoming serious and more on track.

"Midnight, take the apprentices. Thorn, Kink, when half of the warriors are done doing at least half of the things you tell them to do, make them hunt. We need fresh-kill for us to be fit." I ordered and the three warriors nodded, taking the cats below in groups and going out the camp entrance with low murmurs. I caught Strike in the corner of my eye as he went back into his den. I laid down, letting the sun warm up my back. It felt good to relax and forget the world, for just a few heartbeats.

I felt my head start to call off the edge and I quickly jolted my head up, looking over to see Leaf and Strike leaving. "Where are you two going?" I called to them. They stopped and turned around. "We're going to find herbs for the battle. Even with this weather there isn't going to be much." I nodded and stood up, stretching.