Chapter 19

Fox's P.O.V.

I was so excited about the battle! I bet we would have lost if I wasn't there! Soot, Blossom and I jumped around in happiness.

We stopped as we heard a dragging sound come from Venom's den. Gasps of shock came from the sight. "Venom!" Whip gasped. Leaf and Midnight were carrying out Venom from his den and Venom didn't seem to notice.

"What happened?" Bella wailed. "He must've caught Shadow's and Sunny's greencough." Dodger hissed. "Kill them!" Slash yowled. A few cats yowled in approvement. "If Venom caught it, we might all catch it! We must kill them at once!" I called. I agreed.

This could be a deadly thing we are crossing lines with. Leaf and Midnight exchanged glances.

"What if someone poisoned Venom?" The questions went on. Mini shrunk down but said nothing. "Do you know who did it?" Mystery asked. Mini shook her head. Mystery pushed on, "I know you know." She hesitated for a while but didn't answer.

"I don't mean to be a tattle-tail but I heard Mini telling Midnight to feed him poppy seeds to make him sleep better. He might've poisoned him instead or over-dosed him." Bella mewed. All glances turned to Midnight.

Growls left their throats and they slowly stalked up to him. I followed.

"Wait! Venom's not dead! The poppy seeds just didn't wear off yet!" Leaf hissed in fury. I twitched an ear, "Well it would've been a lot better if you told us that before we made a big deal about it!" I spat at her.

She rolled her eyes and kept on dragging Venom to the entrance.

Leaf spoke just before she left again, calling over her shoulder, "I want Soot and Blossom to keep this place in order! They were the only ones who didn't believe all this nonsense." Her and Midnight left without another word spoken, leaving every cat to complain.

"But they're to young to be the leader! Why not me? I've been a warrior long enough!" Dodger hissed. "I'm the one with all the great ideas, I should've been made leader!" I called.

"Right! You almost got us stuck below the waterfall, forever!" Blossom spat. I growled at her and shoved my face in hers.

"Hey! Calm down every cat! This is only temporally! Stop fighting over the stupidest things in Tribe history!" Soot yowled, stopping me before I could speak.

Every cat turned around and watched him stand on the High Stone. "You have no say in what we do Soot!" I yowled. "I do for now! Unless you want Venom to get into this when he gets back, then stop being such mouse brains!" He sneered, ears flat to his skull. I rolled my eyes and sat down alone.

'We should've left him down below the waterfall when we had the chance,' A growl rose in my throat, eyes slitted.

'Why do I have to be in this Tribe? I should make my own. . . Then I could be the leader and I could rule the whole territory!' I thought.

It seemed like a plan, actually. It seemed easy enough, just collect cats from around, make a Tribe camp, set our borders and become a Tribe!

'I must think of a Tribe name first. . . How about. . . The Tribe of Deadly Jaws? That's a mouse-brained name. . . Tribe of Blackened Souls? Hmm. . . Maybe I will go with. . . Tribe of Deadly Souls? Good enough. Lets find some cats to make this Tribe with.'

I padded up to Adder and Brindle who were wrestling together. I stopped them, and whispered, "Hey, you two." They looked up from themselves and listened, "Are you sick of this Tribe?" They exchanged glances and shook their heads, "We love it here." They tipped their heads at the same time as I stalked away.