Chapter 25

Midnight's P.O.V.

Night came quicker then I had expected. Venom decided to take us just as the sun went down. We stopped at the edge if territory. "Thorn, take Fox, Shell, Whip, Shadow and Soot around the back of their camp." Venom announced. "Midnight, keep Kink, Lily, Thrush and Brindle here in case WindClan cats come to attack camp." He ordered, and I nodded. "Slash, Fawn, Wolf, Moon and Dodger come with me. We will be attacking the camp straight on. Thorn, go now. We will be right behind you." I sighed; we would most likely be nothing but helping. No WindClan cats will be coming here if they're fighting up there, protecting camp.

I watched them go and I saw Blossom among the group. She was supposed to be staying behind until her law healed. "Blossom!" I called to her, but she didn't turn. Either she ignored me or she was to far away to hear. "Great. We're sending an injured warrior to battle. Good job, Venom, good job." I growled low.

I looked over my shoulder and watched Thrush and Brindle practise with Lily, claws sheathed. They leaped onto Lily's shoulders and drug her down. "Don't use up your energy, if cats come this way, we'll need to use all the energy we have." I called over to them and they immediately stopped. I looked back to the direction the two groups left in and saw cats coming back.

At first, I assumed Blossom was coming back but then I saw more. And more. My fur rose along my spine and my eyes widened. My breathing caught in my throat and I slipped off the boulder. I felt so shocked. The whole WindClan - it had seemed - had come.

'WindClan had destroyed our Tribe.' I thought. "Get down! WindClan has killed our Tribe and we must fight back! They're coming now so be prepared," I whispered harshly. Lily gasped and hid behind a boulder and Brindle and Adder hid behind another one. "Kink go warn the Tribe!" She nodded and stalked through the maze of boulders and up the trail.

"We're four to a hundred, Midnight!" Lily weeped, fear blazing in her eyes. I nodded once and took a deep breath. "Yes we are." I said calmly. "We can't possibly make it, we have to surrender!" I glared at her and hissed, "No! Never! We must fight." She hesitated and I stalked away, swerving around boulders until I came to the group of warriors. They were a few tail-lengths away.

I stalked to my right and leaped out of my hiding spot as the group came as close as I could let. I grabbed the neck of an apprentice and slashed it's eye, letting the blood and watery-substance leak out of the eyeball and down my paw. I felt so evil doing so, and I liked it. I slashed it's throat just as I let out a yowl, two cats pinning my and slashing at my face. I kicked their stomachs until one finally was bucked off. I smacked the other so hard in the head it stumbled to the ground, stunned. I spotted Brindle and Adder fighting together with two warriors. Yowling filled the territory; I didn't know how long this would last. Lily fought against two strong warriors and Kink came back with Mini and Strike. I gasped as Mini threw herself like she had never had a mate or kits, biting down in their neck. Kink helped her as another pinned her.

My thoughts were interrupted - rather rude of them, I shall say - as another warrior smashed my head. I aimed at their throat but they dove under me and slashed at my chest. I hissed and grabbed under their chin, yanking them away. I felt my claw sink into the muscle - almost into their mouth - and I let go, slashing at her stomach until blood was everywhere. It only took me a few heartbeats to finish her of and then another warrior dove at me, then another. I felt weight push all the air out of my chest and claws were aimed at me everywhere. I threw more blows at their faces but I was weakening. Blood filled my eyes and I frantically blinked. I gasped for air as blood speed out of my body and out if theirs and into my mouth. 'Where was Venom?' I wondered.

"Venom! Help!" I heard Lily yowl and I knew I couldn't help her. I prayed to The Tribe of Glittering Stars that she'd be saved.

Yowls filled my ears. Mini's kits. 'Please let Leaf protect them...'