Chapter 34

Venom's P.O.V.

I looked at her, half scared half shocked. "What is it?"

She took deep breaths and sat down. "A WindClan cat was spying on us as we fought. I think they're trying to learn our ways," She panted and I looked at her through narrowed eyes. 

"Alright. Looks like revenge in on its way," I answered evenly, padding into Leaf's den. 

"Oh, good. It's you," She sighed, "Tell Strike to find catmint, tansy, wild garlic, comfrey, borage leaves and burdock root. They need to be by the roots so we can grow them here, near the camp." I nodded. 'Just what I needed,' I purred lightly and grabbed Strike. 

"Leaf needs you to get a whole bunch of herbs. Tansy, catmint, wild garlic, comfrey, borage leaves and burdock root. Get them by the roots." He nodded and started to walk away. "Go to WindClan territory. I'll send Fang and Moon with you." He dipped his head and I called to them, "Fang! Moon!" 

The two padded over and looked at me with confusion. "WindClan warriors have spied on us, I need you two to go with Strike to go into WindClan territory and gather herbs. You'll be protecting him," The two nodded and Strike led the way out. 

I padded away and headed toward the nursery. The rock my pads hit was irritating now with all the rain water drenching it. I heaved a euphoric sigh of relief and fluffed out my fur. The nursery was damp yet warm and it smelt of milk. "Venom, can you ask Leaf to come here? And your kits want to go out and play, would you take them?" 

I nodded twice and headed back out. I had barely gotten two steps in before she had asked me something. Groaning inwardly, I poked my head into Leaf's den. She was checking Storm's wounds. 

"Leaf, when you're not busy, Mini would like to see you." I informed her. At my voice she had turned aorund, eyes drooping from tiredness. She nodded and turned back to Storm. 

I hurried to the fresh-kill pile and grabbed a thrush, the one Fang brought in, and trotted back to the medicine den. "Here, Leaf. Mini didn't seem to be in any hurry, have some fresh-kill before Strike gets back." 

Leaf dipped her head in thanks and immediately started eating it. I backed out of the den and went to the nursery. "Leaf will be in soon, she's just eating now," I told Mini. She nodded and Sunshine and Crow rushed over. "Venom, Venom!" Crow chirped, hopping up and down. Raven padded over more slowly. 

"Look what I can do!" Crow mewed and he dropped to a crouch, his tail up high and ears pricked up. His chest brushed the surface of the ground lightly and he leaped onto a moss-ball.

"Now, now. Do the crouch again," I ordered and he did, tail up and ears toward me to listen. I pushed his tail down so it was almost touching the ground. "Keep your tail down so the prey doesn't see you. Ears down, too. Don't let anything touch the ground other then your feet." I instructed and he did as I said.

I watched as Sunshine joined in and the both of them did a great job as they leaped at the same time, grabbing the moss-ball. Sunshine growled in Crow's face and they tumbled around, fighting for it. 

"Raven, why don't you try?" I suggested and she just shrugged. I breathed out - a little too loud - and watched as Crow and Sunshine rolled around, claws scratching each other. 

'Why bother with trying to separate them when all they'll do is fight again?'

Leaf padded in and I watched her trot to Mini. Mini whispered something to Leaf and they mumbled responses for a bit. Crow and Sunshine were too loud and I couldn't quite catch what they were saying.

Leaf headed back out and I growled. "Okay, enough!" The two stopped play-fighting and Crow rolled off of Sunshine. Sunshine fluffed out her golden fur and licked a paw, drawing it over her ears. "Humph," She mewed, frustration edging her tone.