The Adventures

Music was so much fun. My music teacher, Mr Hand, was really nice and welcoming. He said that he had heard from my old school that I was a very talented student apparently. Wow that's pretty cool, I don't really think much of it when I play an instrument, I just love to jam out. He told us to get in pairs and Jakob immediately smiled at me. Gerard was in my class too, but he worked with another guy. Jakob picked up an acoustic guitar and came at sat by the piano with me. Without thinking, I started to play 'Viva La Gloria' and singing.

"Hey Gloria, are you standing close to the edge?

Look out to the setting sun, the brink of your vision

Eternal youth is a landscape of a lie

The cracks of my skin can prove, as the years will testify

Say your prayers and light a fire, we're going to start a war

Your slogan's 'A gun for hire,' it's what we waited for...

Hey Gloria, this is why we're on the edge

The fight of our live's been drawn in this undying love"

I stopped playing and remembered I wasn't in my room. I was in class. Working with Billie-Joe's son. Singing Billie-Joe's song. Shit.

"Uhh sorry, force of habbit" I said shyly, thinking Jakob was now going to think I am a freak.

"Why are you saying sorry? That was beautiful. You need to show my dad that!"

"Noooo he'll think it's really bad, I can't sing and I can hardly play piano..."

"You're amazing! Don't say that! Seriously, you need to play that my house later"

"Urhh, maybe..."

After me turning bright red after Jakob complimenting me, we got to work. We had to write a piece of music, which was fairly easy. We just added more and then we had to perform it. Mr Hand stopped us at the end of the lesson to talk to us.

"That was amazing, beautiful, perfect. You two are very talented, top of my class! You guys work great together, you're permanent partners wether you want to be or not!"

"Thanks sir, we don't mind" Jakob said smiling at me.

We headed towards my house and Jakob told me a bit about the school. Who he's friends with, who are the bitchy ones etc.We got to my house after a 5 minute walk.

"Muuuuum" I shouted as I pulled Jakob through the door by his hand.

"How was your first day sweetie?" She said as she walked into the kitchen where Jakob and I stood.

"Great thanks!"

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, are you Jakob Armstrong"

"Yeah... Yeah I am" he said rubbing the back of his head.

"Oh how lovely to meet you Jakob, I'm Jane, would you two like a drink?"

"Can I have a glass of orange juice please? What do you want Jake?" I called him by his nickname, shit.

"The same please" he said as he smiled adorably at me.

"I'll bring it into your room Alice"

"Thanks"

Jakob and I headed towards my room. I was so embarassed, there was one wall just for Green Day, Emily's Army and The Foxboro Hot Tubs. Jakob looked around my room to see every inch of wall covered in posters, other than the wall my window was on.

"Just sit wherever you feel like" then I noticed him investigating my wall of GD, EA and FHT. Oh my.

"I'm so sorry" I frantically said.